You Deserve It

Sam is sitting on the couch watching a movie. She is 5 months pregnant now. The whole family was happy and excited. Life is going smoothly. Pavan and Sagar were with a handful of projects lined up  up. Sam took maternity leave. Megha was also busy in her sessions. 

It was Monday and all the men left for their respective works. Sagar returned home in the afternoon. Right from marriage, it's his routine. Whenever he is free from work, he will come home and never leave a chance to spend time with his wife. While parking his car Sagar saw Shekhar entering the gate.

"Hi, Shekhar Uncle.", he said in an excited voice.

"Hi, Sagar.", Shekhar said but Sagar recognized his worried expression.

"What happened uncle? Is everything alright?", Sagar asked.

"Nothing babu. Everything is alright. I'm just tired.", he tried to nudge the topic.

"Uncle you can trust me with anything. Tell me what is wrong.", Sagar asked again.

"Raghu sir is having an issue regarding the NEST project."

"Isn't it what Pavan and Dad together planned?", he asked. Even though he is not as involved as Pavan, he still kept tabs on the ongoing projects.

"Yes. It was the same. When Samee got pregnant, Raghu sir informed us not to give any updates on this project to Pavan. He doesn't want to pressure Pavan which indirectly affects Samee. But recently we got a problem in the finance department. We tried working on it but our team failed to tackle it. Raghu is stressing too much about it and I worry about his health. He fired 3 employees today.", Shekhar poured his heart out.

Sagar was silent. He knew his father was not a person who made hasty decisions. He fired only two people from the day he opened his company. So he understood that the intensity of the problem was greater.

"Okay, Uncle. I'll look into it once. You please don't worry and also take care of dad.", he said.

"These are the details of the project.", Shekhar said and handed a file to Sagar.

They entered the house together. Sam saw Shekhar and got up to hug him.

"What a surprise Babai?", she said hugging him.

"I just wanted to see my daughter.", he said.

All are talking among themselves but Megha observed Sagar is worried. She can find it in his eyes. Soon everyone dispersed to their rooms. Sagar is still thinking about the project and looking at the sky looking at the sky. Megha entered the room and back-hugged him.

"I don't want those lines on your forehead Sagar.", she said still hugging.

He turned and hugged her with a loud sigh. "I feel helpless.", he said.

"You know you can talk to me right.", she said looking straight into his eyes. 

Sagar explained the whole conversation he had with Shekhar. 

"I was so busy in my work that I couldn't even sense Dad's stress. I feel so worthless.", Sagar said folding his hands.

"Don't you dare speak of my husband's worth? Do you even know how many people enjoy his songs?", Megha said giving an offended expression.

Sagar knows she is trying to cheer him up. He smiled but stayed silent.  

"Everything will become better. We will talk to Dad tomorrow. Sleep for now. It's already late.", Megha said pulling him into the room.

NEXT DAY :

Sagar woke up to a furious Megha typing something on her laptop. There is a file in her hand regarding the project.