Let's Arrange

Shivani's POV :

I'm back in my office. These two days went well with Raq's book and the writers club meeting. I'm gonna kick his ass for embarrassing me in front of that man. Cursing Raq in mind I entered my cabin. I adjusted my desk and saw that my salary was credited. I called Maa.

"Hello maa. How are you?"

"I'm good Shivi, how are you?"

"I'm fine maa. I got my salary credited. I'm sending 2.5 lakhs to Dad's account. Tell him."

"Shivi, we are still earning. Keep your salary for yourself.", I listened to Dad's voice.

"I've kept 75k for myself. So don't worry.", I said.

"Still. You might need them in case of emergency." Dad tried to reason with me again.

"I'll ask you if I need to.", I said.

We spoke for a while. After I took the file and went to Raq's cabin. He again wrote a very heart-touching love story. I always admire him for his work. I knocked and entered his cabin.

He saw me and I threw a ball on his forehead. I didn't forget what his book's scene made.

"Ow woman. You're gonna kill me.", he exaggerated holding his head.

"Your story embarrassed me in front of a very good-looking man.", I spat out.

"My story?", he is confused.

"Yes. Your story.", I said everything that happened on Friday. He started laughing like a maniac.

"Oh my god. That's funny.", he said and laughed again. "And you found him handsome. He must be lucky because it is next to impossible to impress you.", he said.

"Shut up."

"Acha listen. My engagement is in 10 days. In Hyderabad itself. It's on the 23rd.", he said and blushed.

"Ow. Blushy blushy... I'll be there."

"You better be."

We went back to our work. I'm working on another fiction novel based on marital rape. I have been busy all along and finally, it is Raq's engagement day. I went there with a gift. I wore cream cream-coloured Anarkali with a gold design. I went and greeted Raq and Geetha. Geetha is a very bubbly girl and makes everyone around her happy. We were talking and suddenly Raq said.

"Finally, my best friend is here." I turned and saw the same man who helped me that day. God help me. I tried to slowly go away.

"Aree Shivani, where are you going? Meet Dev. Raq's best friend from childhood.", Geetha said and with no choice left I turned and saw him. He is equally shocked as me.

"Hi. I'm Shivani.", I tried to act normal.

"Hi. I'm Dev.", he said and held his hand out for a handshake. I did the same and soon his phone rang.

"Excuse me.", he said and went away.

"Did he just smile?", Geetha asked Raq. What? Don't people smile?

"Yes he did and it is the second time I've seen him smile for no reason.", Raq said.

"Something is wrong.", Geetha said like a detective.

"Guys. What's wrong with that? Of course, he smiles. He smiled that day also.", I said casually.

"Which day?", both said at once.

"He is that man who helped me with the papers in the lobby.", I said looking at Raq.

"Is it? Dev is that handsome man?", Raq said and I gave him a stern look.

"What happened?", Geetha asked and Raq said everything and they both started laughing. Soon Dev is back after his phone call.

"Why are you all laughing?", he asked looking at them.

"They got to know how you helped me that day.", I said and rolled my eyes.

He smiled again. He is handsome but when he smiles, his eyes look so beautiful. I was lost in his eyes when Raq's words brought me back.

"It was my book. I asked her to edit.", he said and started laughing again.

"Yeah, she said that. It was not hers.", Dev spoke looking at me.

I felt conscious and excused from them. I need to go back.

Raqesh's POV :

"They look so good together.", Geetha said.

"I'm thinking the same. They look like they are made for each other.", I said excitedly.

"Yeah, but Dev will not listen if you try to talk to him about this.", Geetha said. I know Dev will never listen to anything I say about having a relationship.

"But we can arrange.", I said.

"You sound like a man with a plan. And your plans Mr.Raqesh, are the best in the world.", she said with a smile.

"This will be the best of all.", I said and looked at Dev who is eating while talking with my parents.