Let's Get Married

Both Sagar and Megha got readied for the day. One is confused about the present while the other hoping for a better future. Sagar's family reached Megha's house. Varun is talking to Sagar and others are busy gossiping. Sagar's patience is slowly fading away with every passing minute. 

Before he asks for Megha, Raghu says, "Let's meet Megha too."

Navya went upstairs to bring Megha and Swathi. 

Sagar looked towards the stairs and felt the world stop. Megha is descending the stairs clad in a brown color Anarkali.  

Megha greeted everyone and settled on the couch opposite Sagar

Sam started a conversation with her. "Megha, what do you do?"

"I freelance.", Megha said a little confused about the first question from his family.

 "Freelancing in?", Raghu asked getting interested all of a sudden.

Megha expected typical daughter-in-law questions. But she is happy because the family sounds liberal. "I have done my CA and worked in Bharat Pe for 1 month. Later I resigned and started freelancing as an Investment Counsellor."

"Cool. Do you do investments yourself?", asked Raghu. Mamta huffed in annoyance.

"Yes Sir. I do."

"How much did you earn investing?"

"I am not sure if I can answer that but I earn enough to run a family.", Megha gave a witty reply.

Raghu laughed. Before he can ask any other question, Mamta said, "Let's get the children to talk in private."

Sagar took a breath of relief because his father started an out-of-the-place conversation. But all along he felt proud of Megha. 

Everyone in the room agreed. Megha and Sagar were sent to talk in private. 

Both were sitting in silence for a good five minutes. Sagar broke the ice saying, "Hi."

"Hello.", Megha replied.

"Hearing you speak I can imagine your intelligence. So let's get to the business.", Sagar said in a calm tone.

Megha smiled and said, "So it's my turn to imagine. I guess you should speak."

"Bring it on. Am ready."

"You know my work. What's yours?"

"I write."

"About?"

"Feelings I couldn't express in my actions."

"So you are a writer."

Sagar's POV: 

I am sure my answer does not convince her. So, I started explaining.

"I am a lyricist. I also write scripts whenever needed."

"Impressive. What are your hobbies?"

"I read."

"I asked what you do in your free time?"

"To write lines that can win listeners' hearts you must read a lot.", I said.

"No offense but I'm not aware of your songs. I'm not much interested in music so...", 

I laughed and said, "None taken. But I've always seen girls liking music more than boys."

"Yeah. But Music doesn't fascinate me.", she said Honestly. well, this offended me. If not music then what? I would ask this question if it was someone else.

"What fascinates you?", I asked. We don't even do the bare minimum to understand if we don't like something. Words are my life and if she is not ready to understand that then no problem. I will understand what she likes.

"Food and Numbers.", she said with a spark in her eyes. I chuckled. She smiled. 

"Well, that says it all.  You like numbers. There's no way you will like music."

"Why not?"

"Because Numbers work on logic. But music creates magic. They are poles apart. See me. It took me two years to understand numbers in my engineering mathematics."

She smiled but stayed silent. We're exactly opposite to each other. She is practical and I live in another world I create for my words. But that's what made the difference. That made me fall for her. 

Love. I always wanted this in my life. I wanted to feel this. Now, I guess what Pavan felt when he saw Sam for the first time. It's surreal.

"May be true. Just like us.", she said, and am I listening to my heart breaking? That hurts.

"What if we are poles apart?", I asked. I'm praying internally to let her heart dominate her brain and understand what I'm confessing through my words.

"Nothing. But... you know, if nothing is common between us how do we get into a consensus on anything?", She said. I like her honesty. She stood her ground and tried to clear everything. 

"Don't they say opposites attract each other?", I said with a smile hoping she doesn't make decisions hastily.

"They do and I wonder how.", she said confused.

"Marriage for me is very precious Megha. I don't have any expectations of how I want my partner to be. But I expect a harmonious marriage. I wholeheartedly accept this relationship if we get tied. The most important thing is both of us have clean slates about each other. Enter this relationship only if you are brave enough to accept whatever comes to your slate because I'm ready to enter and accept without any terms or conditions. I feel the magic right now and that's what matters to me the most.  Now it's up to you.", I tried to put my heart out as naked as possible.

POV ends.

Megha's POV:

Did he just propose to me??? Oh My God. This is insane. I didn't see his details in the envelope. I only knew his name when Swathi said this morning. I entered our living room this morning with lots of doubts. How can I decide on my life partner over a coffee and Samosa? His dad took away my initial nervousness by talking about investments. He took away half of my confusion with his words right now. But I'm still not sure. Is this the right thing?

So, I gave him my undisputable answer. I said, "I don't know."

He chuckled and said, "There is no answer called 'I don't know'. When you feel like that, close your eyes and listen to your heart. It will be yelling the answer at you. Then you'll realize, you just ignored it till now."

He said the exact words Dad always says to me. At that moment I knew for sure whatever the future held, I would face it with a smile when Sagar was there to hold my hand.

"Moreover, why don't you check yourself?", he said halting my thoughts.

"What?", I frowned.

"About opposites getting attracted to each other.", he said and we smiled looking at each other. There is no need to close my eyes. I can hear my heart yell. 

"Let's get married.", I said standing up and he stood up shocked, and was about to hug me. My eyes widened and he realized what he was about to do. He stopped himself but by then he was very close to me. At the same time, we heard a clearing throat. Both of us turned in that direction and found Swathi and Sameerana looking at us with teasing smiles.

All of us went down and we said our decisions to our families. Everyone's face lit up with joy. They decided on the dates. Engagement in a week and Marriage in a month. I know this is all going fast but I can still hear the yells of my heart. HE IS THE ONE.