She Is Family

Sam's POV:

Driver uncle dropped me at the site. I went and a man came to me.

"Good morning ma'am. Sir told me to assist you while you are here.", he said. He looked much older than me.

"Ok, sir", I said and he looked a little shocked. Maybe because I addressed him as sir.

After some time he said while leading me to the place where the workers were all gathered, "The workers are from different north Indian states. All of them will be paid according to the daily wages act of our state only. Sir don't want anyone to feel left alone."

I smiled and felt proud of Raghu uncle and his morals. "I know. Raghu sir was always known for his kindness.", I said.

"Raghu sir's kindness comes from his sons.", he said and I frowned.

"what do you mean?", I asked.

"Both of his sons are very kind and humane. His elder son Pavan sir asked his father to pay these workers under our state's Act. Or else, they will get very low wages per day. Also, it is Sagar sir's request to make sure every worker is fed with good meals.", he said and I remember how Pavan was looking at me this morning.

He looked at me like I was the only thing left in this world. He looked like his eyes finally reached their destination. The mere memory is going to make me blush. I covered my blush while clearing my throat.

"Are all the arrangements ready?", I asked him about the catering.

"Yes, ma'am. Done.", he said and we looked around by the time contractors came.

Soon I gave every contractor their cheques accordingly. But then another man started saying he didn't get his cheque.

"I was promised a cheque of 15 crores. Why didn't I get it?", he asked.

"I'm sorry sir, but I did everything that I've been instructed to do. There must be some sort of confusion and I'll clear it in no time.", I hated his rude and arrogant behavior but I still had to hold myself.

He is still mumbling some incoherent words about me but ignoring them I take out my phone only to see that there is no network. I tried calling but no use. I messaged Raghu uncle, Babai, and even Dad to inform Babai that there was some emergency and to contact me as soon as possible.

"There must be a man as P.A. right. When did you join?", he asked with a high-pitched voice.

"He was sick..", I'm trying to buy some time before Uncle arrives but he is in no mood to listen. I wonder how people can be this arrogant.

"Huh. Sick? Then any other experienced person should be given this responsibility, not a random girl like you. Also, the effort you've put into your makeup, if you put that in your work, this situation wouldn't have come.", he said and scoffed looking at me. Bloody cheapoo. Look at yourself in a mirror.

My patience is gone and now I'm ready to retort but then a sudden voice startled all of us.

"The effort you've put in taunting her, if you put that in your work, the quality of your cement would've been better.",  Pavan said with a cold stare.

"And who are you to say that?", this cheapo dares to question the chairman's son.

"I'm Pavan. Mr.Raghu Ram's elder son.", he said with a sharp gaze and voice.
Cheapo's face lost all the colors. He started sweating literally.

He came near us and stood beside me. He kept his hand on my back. I'm shocked to the core. He didn't even bother and said, "I've gone through the quality check report, and found that your cement is not up to the mark. Our company is canceling the deal with your factory. The bags we bought will also be sent to your godown and I expect a full return of money in 2 days."