Spend Time With Someone

Sam's POV

I entered the gate and saw a huge mansion. It looks like a movie set. I wonder how many people live inside. I went and saw the door was open but I knocked.

After a few seconds, a man in his mid-50s came and smiled at me.

I smiled and wished, "Good morning sir."

"Good morning. Sameerana right.", he said and I nodded at the acknowledgement.

"Yes sir.", I said. He gestured for me to come inside. The interior is mind-blowing. It looks customized. He sat on the couch. And asked me to sit. 8 sat.

"How is Shekhar?", he asked with concern.

"He is resting sir. The doctor said not to worry.", I said and smiled.

"Ah. Cut the formalities. Call me uncle. Sir sounds so formal.", he said.

I smiled and said, "Sure sir. I mean.. Uncle."

"That's better. Here, take this. I wrote a crisp on what all you have to do.", he said and handed me a diary.

I started looking into the details and soon he said, "She is my wife Mamatha." He introduced me to a beautiful woman in a heavily embroidered saree. She smiled at me.

I stood and said, "Hello ma'am. Good morning."

"Good morning beta. But please don't call me ma'am.", she said and I smiled looking at Uncle. He too smiled and said, "Call her Aunty."

"Okay Aunty.", I said and resumed my work. But Aunty spoke, "She just came and you are loading her with work. Let her have some breakfast.", she said and asked me to join her.

"No Aunty. I already had breakfast. Thank you.", I said and she smiled. I am now back to my work. Both Uncle and Aunty left. He said he will join me in 10 minutes.

I am done with the work and by the time I lift my head, a man is standing at the entrance of the living room and is looking at me intently. He is handsome and is tall. His eyes are very expressive. I'm not even aware of the fact that I'm checking him out intently until I hear another man's voice.

"Pavan. I'm ready come let's go.", the other ma said and stood beside him.

I broke the staring game we are in and looked at the other man who is a little younger than him.

He saw me and smiled. "Hi. I'm Sagar.", saying this he came near me and forwarded his hand for a handshake.

"Hi. I'm Sameerana.", I introduced myself and shook my hand with Sagar. I again saw him and he was still looking at me with his heart eyes.

Sagar went near him and patted his shoulder. He came out of the trance and looked at me and Sagar.

"She is Sameerana. Shekhar Uncle's niece.", Sagar said to him.

"He came near me and forwarded his hand saying, "Hi. I'm Pavan."

I took his hand in mine and said a meek Hi. So Pavan it is. We again started intently looking into each other's eyes.

"Wanna go? Or Mom's birthday will go away without a cake.", Sagar asked Pavan.

I can see that mischievousness in his voice.

"It's Aunty's birthday?", I asked surprised.

"Yes.", Sagar said.

"I didn't wish her. I'll do it when I see her again.", I said.

"No.", Pavan said and I frowned.

"Umm. No one wishes Mom on her birthday until wishes her by giving a special gift.", Sagar said.