열 일곱

Deal

⊶───≺☯≻───⊷

The sound of footsteps on the dry grass was all that could be heard, the scattered soldiers hunting the enemy soldiers, both Southerners and Americans.
They combed the area, clearing it of anyone who might step inside the confines of the North Camp.

bang bang...

One shot pulled the sniper out of the grass mound, rolling to the bottom until he fell lifeless at the colonel's feet, who was the cause of his fall.
"Oh, how did you find out where the sniper was, sir?" asked Younghoon who opened his mouth in owe
"I just guessed," he replied jokingly
"Impossible sir, are you by chance a magician or a witch?" he said innocently, making V smile.

"Younghoon, you shouldn't fight with just your muscles, you have to be smart and shrewd, and experience plays a role as well," the colonel replied as he examined the sniper.
"How is that, sir?"
"The southern forces always use a low-altitude sniper. Do not search over high hills or mountains. Search within your sight line, and so I did. His light movement caught my eye, so I stopped him before he hunt us." He explained to him in detail, and the other smiled.
"Wow, that's amazing, sir. You're amazing."
"Thank you, Younghoon. I hope you take my advice and memorize all these details. I want you to become like me or better one day."
"I will and hope so, sir."

They walked back after clearing the area of the soldiers and V returned with his battalion to the camp. The way back was quiet until Younghoon broke the silence.
"Sir, may I ask a question?" he address the colonel calmly.
V hummed
"Did Lieutenant Kim go to bring Jimin back to camp?"
Just mentioning his baby's name made his heart beat wildly.
"Yes, if everything goes as we planned, he will bring him back to the camp," he replied, slowing down when they reached the car, and they got into it and set off towards the camp after a great victory at the border.

The first thing met the colonel as soon as he entered his office was the back of his comrade, the lieutenant, who was standing looking out the window, and the letter was placed between his hand's fingers that were behind his back.
"Joon, how did it go? Where's Jiminie?!" he asked excitedly approaching his companion.
Namjoon turned around, a look of disappointment on his face
"Sorry, I couldn't bring him back to you."

"What? Why you couldn't ?" he asked sharply losing his excitement
"Sorry, Tae, but we didn't find him there, San had taken him somewhere else."
"That bastard!!" he shouted, kicking the chair in front of him.
"Give me the letter," he commanded, and the other handed it to him. He re-read it carefully for moments that seemed like an eternity to him.

"The message is encrypted, Joon

"The message is encrypted, Joon. There is a word hidden between the lines "deal". The bastard made the letter sound official, announcing my treason. I swear I will hang the treason board on his corpse."
Namjoon approached his companion, looking at the letter as well. "Do you mean that he made a deal with one of the Southern Brigades leaders?" He asked.
"Exactly, and sure enough that Jimin is a part of the agreement that's why he changed his place. And we don’t write gratitude expressions to the enemy. How Stupid… tell me the general was in the area when you went there?" the colonel asked his comrade suspiciously