서른 둘

Surprise

⊶───≺☯≻───⊷

Six months later

A taxi winds its way through the bustling streets of Naples, with the couple seated in the back. They exchange loving smiles, but there's a peculiar difference in Taehyung's expression. His smile radiates pure happiness, a feeling Jimin wishes to remain forever.
However, the perplexity lies in the fact that Taehyung's joy seems to have a mysterious source. Jimin is not bothered by it, but is more taken aback by Taehyung's frequent and seemingly unprovoked smiles, his regular distractions, his newfound penchant for reading magazines, and not to mention, his frequent late arrivals.

Certainly, there's an air of secrecy surrounding Taehyung, and despite Jimin's curiosity, he refrains from prying. Trusting the colonel, Jimin avoids making him feel suspected. Unfortunately, Taehyung hasn't been forthcoming with any information lately, leaving Jimin in the dark about the reasons behind his frequent absences and odd behavior. Adding to the complexity is a young Italian man who accompanies Taehyung to a certain place on multiple occasions, a detail that further piques Jimin's interest.

Despite Jimin's choice not to inquire, his concern remains unabated. There are instances where he sheds tears in secret, concealing emotional turmoil from Taehyung. One time, Taehyung noticed Jimin's red and swollen eyes, inquiring with concern, only to receive a simple explanation of stomach pain. Despite finding solace in the Colonel's steadfast love and unwavering concern, Jimin is caught in a complex situation, torn between the reassuring love of the Colonel and the enigma of his peculiar behavior.

Jimin was accompanying Taehyung to a destination different from their usual haunts. The taxi comes to a halt in a location that seems almost secluded from the city. Jimin looks at their surroundings. The unfamiliar place is enveloped by trees on all sides and isolated.

"Where are we, Taehyungie?" Jimin inquired, confusion etching his features as he looked at his partner's smiling face. Taehyung took Jimin's small hand, placing a gentle kiss on its back before whispering, "You'll know soon. Come on, let's get out of the car."

They both exited the taxi, and Taehyung approached Jimin. Turning him around, he gently pulled a silk blindfold to cover Jimin's eyes.

"Let me guide you, my love," Taehyung said, gesturing as he held Jimin's hand, ready to lead him into the place while his baby was all obedient and calm.

After walking a few steps, Taehyung stopped and turned around, encircling Jimin's waist with his arms. He placed a tender kiss on Jimin's neck, sending shivers through the younger's body. Carefully, Taehyung untied the blindfold. Jimin blinked several times before opening his eyes to be met by a gate leading to a private property. Before him stood a luxurious house, with spacious olive-colored walls adorned with stones.

 Before him stood a luxurious house, with spacious olive-colored walls adorned with stones