서른 하나

Gift

                                                                      ⊶───≺☯≻───⊷

"One moment, please, Leeknow," Jimin called out as he walked behind him, guiding him outside. Leeknow turned, intrigued.

"Is there no alternative solution?" he asked quietly, met with a regretful shake of the other head. "No, unfortunately."

A sigh escaped Jimin as his fingers ran through his hair. Leeknow's hand found its way to his shoulder, offering comfort. "I understand your concern, Jimin. I know how challenging it is for someone like the colonel. If there were another option, I'd take it," Leeknow said, patting Jimin's shoulder.

"The key now is staying together, Jimin. Help him find solace in your company. These measures may be prolonged, but it won't last forever. It needs patience and a lot of love," Leeknow assured, a gentle smile on his lips. Jimin reciprocated it.

"True, by the way, there is my friend Valerio from the store. I will tell him. He may be the second witness with us."

"Oh, that's a good idea. I only have to find one person, tell your friend, and I'll come back later with the papers to sign, okay!"

The little boy nodded again and then smiled, "Thank you for everything, Leeknow."

"This is my duty. Take care of him. See you later," he said, waving goodbye, then stepped outside the house.

Jimin let out a deep breath and went back upstairs. Upon entering the living room, he noticed his lover sitting, fixing his gaze to a random spot, spacing out. Jimin went to him, straddling his lap facing him, taking his large palms and kissing them gently.

"Taehyungie, my love, the leader of my heart, my anchor, everything I have—I'm agonized to see a hint of sorrow in your eyes. Is there anything I can do? No... Do I blame myself? Yes... My soul aches for causing you this pain. If only I could take your current emotions and replace them in my heart, I would willingly do so. Forgive me for burdening your chest with these emotions." He bit his lip, head bowed, grappling with remorse and frustration for putting Taehyung in such a difficult position.

Taehyung's fingers gently lifted his chin, aligning his gaze with his lover's earnest eyes.

"Knowing that you are in my arms and will never leave my side makes it easier for me. Everything is more bearable with you, Jimin, even when facing adversity," he declared sincerely. His words warmed the little boy's heart, yet his pain lingered. He shook his head briskly, wiping away the traitorous tear that had slipped onto his cheek.

"No one has dared to trample on Colonel V, and it will never happen. This is just a challenging moment that will pass; not a strand of your prestige or greatness will be tarnished. You continue to be the strong unwavering pillar that I rely on." his lover replied with the same solemnity. The Colonel's lips gently pressed onto his forehead in a profound kiss filled with pride, love, and respect.

Their gaze emphasized the strength of their love, a look that conveyed, "Every cloud has a silver lining."

                                                                                 ☯

Days passed, and the procedures for Taehyung's residency application in Italy were successfully completed. It was a challenging period for both of them, during which Jimin demonstrated unwavering support for his lover, regardless of the difficulties.