스물 넛

Truth

⊶───≺ ☯≻───⊷

Valerio ran towards Jimin.
"What happened Alex?" he asked nervously.
"Taehyung did it!" Jimin stuttered "He got arrested instead of me, it was me who killed the man, not him," he added among his sobs.

"Calm down, Alex, calm down, everything will be resolved...Come, let's go up to your apartment you need to rest." The Italian boy helped him stand up and go up to his apartment after closing. He had taken an apartment above the shop, where there was a back door leading there.

After they entered the apartment, Jimin sat thinking about everything that had happened since Taehyung's return to today's crime, he wouldn't be able to stop his tears, everything was scattered inside his mind, the past, the present, and the line between them.

Three years before in the period of war and the suffering he experienced after his parent's death and being tortured by his lover. How all that hideous despair turned into a great love that was woven with pink threads inside his heart even though that love was standing on the thresholds of fear and separation until it was the most beautiful feeling he had ever felt ... The colonel was a lover, a friend, a father to him, and a safe and warm embrace that shield him, but what V said the last time they met him hurt his sensitive heart.
When he was left alone, bareback, without protection, his fear had overcome him, and he began to think that whoever abandoned him did not deserve forgiveness, except that his stubbornness brought him to this situation.

Valerio returned with a glass of water in his hand, sitting in front of his friend. "Alex, come on, drink this!" He offered him the cup, and he held it with trembling hands.
He took a sip, then gave it back to him.
"Valerio!"
"Yes!"
"Do you remember the box I gave you one day? Where is it?" he asked softly.
"The one you asked me to hide so that you wouldn't weaken and open it?" He nodded positively to him, so he added, "He is at my house, do you want me to bring it to you?"
"Yes, please," the younger nodded and walked out to his house.

Inside the investigation room of the police station, the former colonel sits across from the police investigator.
"Senior Kim, passers-by heard noises coming from the store and movement behind the glass window so they called us immediately, and when we arrived we saw the dead body and you had confessed yourself, so we want to know the whole truth, Senior," the detective said quietly, addressing Taehyung.

He nodded with confidence "The man had tried before to flirt with the shop owner, and I kicked him out, but this time he overstepped his bounds and tried to assault him, so I acted irrationally."
The detective nodded "I understand, can you tell me what your relationship with the owner you seem to go there a lot"
"Senior Park is from my family. We're both Koreans. I came here to visit him."
"Your file says you were a former army colonel, right?" he asked, and he nodded to him.
"We will contact the embassy before taking any action against you, and until then you will be our guest, come with me!"

The investigator led him to a prison room inside the center, to complete the procedures thereafter.
Taehyung sat there between the four walls, his thoughts taking him to one point where he was and where he became, going to prison was not one of his plans when he set foot in Italy, but he was and is still doing what he must to protect his baby, he had previously sworn not to make him experience the prison again.

On the other hand, Valerio returns the box and presents it to Jimin.
"Everything is still inside"
"Thank you, Vali"
He opened the ancient wooden box and pulled out a dusty bundle of letters with a Korean postal code.