02.

"Where has he taken her?" I say, storming into the throne room as Daario and Tyrion chase after me. Jorah, Missandei, and Greyworm are only a few steps behind, arriving beside me in a panic.

"I don't know princess. But we will find her." Daario tells me, I turn to face him with fear in my eyes.

"Meereen will not last long without its Queen." I tell him. Daario takes my hand and nods before Tyrion meets my eyes.

"It will last, there is still a Targaryen to sit on the throne in the Queen's absence." Tyrion tells me, I look back at him in shock.

"No. I am Rhaegar's bastard daughter, I have no claim to any throne." I tell him, he shakes his head.

"Your Queen's insists you hold the name Targaryen and the title princess. That is all we need to hold this city, no matter what lack of claim there is." I look to Jorah who offers me a small nod before letting out a breath.

"Jorah, Daario, you are given the task of finding our Queen. Tyrion, you will stay here with Missandei, Greyworm, and I and assist me in holding this city together." Jorah and Daario look to each other and nod.

"We will return her to you, princess." Jorah tells me before they both turn to leave.

...

I stand beside the windows of the pyramid, gazing out over the city with a glass of wine in my hand.

"I'm grateful someone else around here takes to a glass of wine in these troubled times." Tyrion says as he appears behind me, pouring a glass of his own.

"I was never meant to rule. I have no experience in governing a city." I tell him, he pulls himself into a seat.

"Sometimes all you need is a good advisor and the right family name." I shake my head and move to sit beside him.

"A name that is hardly my own." I sink into the chair and meet eyes with him.

"You are Rhaegar's daughter, bastard or not you are a Targaryen." He takes a sip from his glass. "Perhaps you will be naturalized when we return to Westeros." I laugh and set my glass down.

"As much as I love my aunt, Daenerys will never naturalize me." Tyrion raises an eyebrow at me. "If she were to do so, I would hold the stronger claim. The daughter of the heir to the throne, upon my father's death that would make me the heir. Supposing my brother is truly dead, like they say."

"A brother?" Tyrion becomes more intrigued, sitting forward.

"When Lyanna Stark gave birth she had twins, though I was born just minutes earlier than the boy. Aegon Targaryen, she named him, and she gave me the name Rhaenyra, sixth of his name and I the second of mine. Aegon was born with hair dark as night like Lyanna's, but I've been told Robert Baratheon killed him anyway because of the claim to the throne he would have had.

My silver hair made me a larger target than my brother, but the handmaiden's were able to steal me away and take me to Dragonstone. Daenerys and I were only newborns when they sailed to Braavos to save us." Tyrion stares at me in shock. "It's always said my father raped my mother, but I don't believe that. I don't believe she would have given us both Targaryen names if he had, we would have been born as Stark's. Either way, the two were never married which gives me the title bastard."

"All of Westeros believes Rhaegar raped Lyanna and that the child born of this act disappeared. Many believed she was dead until the stories of Meereen's Dragon Queen began circling around. I never knew there was a son, I suppose Robert made sure no one did."

...

I sit in the throne room, listening to the people of Meereen, when Tyrion enters with a man I've never seen by his side.

"Princess." Tyrion says as he makes his way up the stairs. Greyworm watches the man carefully as he follows Tyrion. "I bring with me Varys, an old friend from Westeros."

"I've heard of you, the King's Master of Whispers." I tell him.

"I've come to offer my aid to the Dragon Queen and her forces." Varys tells me, I stare back at him.

"And how do I know your whispers are not still making it to the King's ears?" Varys takes a step closer, the Unsullied around me move closer to me.

"I have risked my life to stand before you, Princess Rhaenyra, and your Queen. Everything I do is for the people of Westeros, and I wish to offer my services to the Queen who wants to save them." Tyrion watches me carefully as I stand from the throne.

"I would like to walk with both of you." I say, heading down the steps between them and towards the door to the throne room. Tyrion and Varys quickly walk after me, followed by two Unsullied.

We walk through the deserted streets of Meereen, messages from the Sons painted across the walls. A woman sits upon the ground with her child, Tyrion bends to her and offers her gold.

"To eat your baby." Tyrion says in broken Low Valyrian. I shake my head and smile at him as the woman quickly shakes her head. I take a step forward and place a hand on Tyrion's shoulder.

"Forgive my friend, his Valyrian is awful. He offers you money to buy food for your child." I tell the woman in her language, she signs in relief and accepts the money from Tyrion. We continue through the streets, Tyrion and Varys on either side of me.

"My spies will find the leader of the Sons, I promise you." Varys tells me, I nod.

"The Sons of the Harpy are a problem that needs to be eradicated, but we most also focus our minds on helping the people of Meereen. They won't survive living in fear and they are hungry, I will not stand by as people live like that women, on the streets with her child." Varys nods.

"We will send ravens to Braavos, if we can open trade routes the people will have more opportunity for work and food." Varys says and I nod in agreement. As we approach the docks, black smoke fills the air, I rush forward and stare in horror at Dany's fleet is lit ablaze.

"We will never make it to Westeros now." I say as the people of Meereen run from the docks.