03.

"Astapor and Yunkai have been retaken by the Masters." Varys says as I sit with the council, Missandei's face is covered in defeat.

"We must find a way to force them out and away from the people." I tell them, Tyrion meets eyes with me.

"What we need is locked beneath the pyramid. A Dragon Queen with no dragons is not nearly as great a threat." Tyrion says, I stare back at him and consider his words before nodding and waving a hand at him.

"Set them free."

...

"Princess." Varys says from behind me. I turn from the window to face him. "My little birds have discovered that the slave masters of Astapor, Yunkai, and Volantis are financing the Sons of the Harpy." He walks to stand beside me as we stare out over the city. Anger runs sharp through me, the need to crush the masters takes the forefront of my mind.

"The Masters must be dealt with, once and for all." I tell him, he nods in agreement.

"Yes, princess, but to launch a military attack on these people would leave Meereen defenseless." The few options we have run frantically through my mind.

"I assume you've spoke to Tyrion about this. What was his council?" Varys hesitates.

"We must hunt the masters down. Tyrion asks that my little birds send a message to them, inviting them to the palace to hear his terms." I look at Varys in shock. "This may be the only way to eradicate the masters without putting Meereen at risk." I look away from Varys and back at the city.

"Send for them." Varys nods but does not leave. "Is there something else?"

"I have a gift for you." He smiles at me. "I had heard across the seas in Westeros that Rhaegar Targaryen's daughter, his only surviving child, was learning to wield a sword. That she seemed she would soon be as vicious as Daemon Targaryen on the battlefield. So, I decided to send every little bird I had searching for something that was lost so many years ago." A small child appears from around the corner, holding what appears to be a sword wrapped in cloth. "It took many many days, but soon they acquired what Westeros thought they would never see again. I had it sharpened and returned to its former glory." He unwraps the sword to reveal Valyrian steal. "Rhaenyra Targaryen, I present you with Dark Sister."

I stare at Varys in shock as I slowly take the handle in my palm. I lift the sword and it's blade gleams in the sunlight. The sword that brought Aegon the Conqueror his kingdom, the weapon that sat in the holster of the Rouge Prince's belt.

"This sword once conquered all of Westeros." I say to him, he watches me carefully. "I will bring it with me to do the same with Daenerys. Tell Tyrion he may have his meeting with the masters, but I will have no parts of it."

...

"Greyworm." I say, walking into the Unsullied's training room. He turns to face me, the men around him bow. He quickly takes notice of the new sword on my hip. "Spar with me." A smile just barely peaks through the corner of his mouth as he lifts his spear. I pull the sword from my hip and ready myself across from him.

He takes the first step forward, I deflect his spear with Dark Sister. He moves for my legs, I knock his spear back with ease. His movements become faster and I match them, Dark Sister becomes an extension of my arm. The sword flows with my body, taking little effort to counter Greyworm's calculated moves. After a few more attempts to hit me, I elegantly knock the spear from his hand and press the tip of the blade to his throat, he grins at me.

"That sword will bring us Westeros."

...

The return of Daenerys has spread through Meereen, I run up the stares of the Pyramid to see her standing in her chambers. She smiles at me and pulls me into an embrace.

"We do not have much time to catch up. The Masters have arrived to attack the city after Tyrion's little meeting." She tells me.

"I did all I could to hold this city together while you were gone. Tyrion suspected this was the only way, I allowed him unknowing what it would bring." I tell her, she nods. "Dany, you must stop these masters once and for all. They must learn to fear you, as much as you want them to respect you. The masters only understand fear." She stares back at me, my words taking hold in her mind.

"I have decided on a new place for you among my people, Nyra." She tells me. "Greyworm tells me of your new blade and the skill it brings with it. You will stand beside him as Commander of my forces, and dragon rider of my great army." I stare at her in shock as a smile slowly grows on my face.

"It would be my honor, my Queen." I fall to one knee before her, she smiles down at me.

"I will meet with the masters and offer terms of surrender, prepare yourself for battle and wait for me with Rhaegal. We will destroy their fleet and send a message to any master who wishes to oppose us."
...

I sit atop Rhaegal on the top of the pyramid, the armor crafted for me by Meereen's blacksmiths rests on my skin

I sit atop Rhaegal on the top of the pyramid, the armor crafted for me by Meereen's blacksmiths rests on my skin. Rhaegal is restless as we watch Drogon sit beside Dany.

"We're going to end the Masters today, Rhaegal. Your breath of fire will destroy them all." I say, he roars back at me. Drogon takes to the sky, Daenerys on his back, and I take hold of Rhaegal. He soars into the air, following close behind his brother as we fly over the master's fleet. "Dracarys."

I feel the heat grow within Rhaegal's scales as flames pour from his mouth, burning the master's ships below us. I listen to their screams as they jump overboard and into the sea, trying in vain to escape Rhaegal's breath of fire. Dany flies below me, taking down another row of ships with Drogon's flames. Viserion flies between the both of us, reducing the ships below us to splinters. As the last of them burn to dust, Dany hovers beside me and meets my eyes with a smile.