11.

I walk to the front of Rhaegal and place a hand under his chin, pressing my forehead to his snout. His eyes slide shut and he pushes a breath of hot air at me. The connection between dragon and rider begins to feel like a hole inside me when we are apart. Daenerys arrives behind me and pulls me into her embrace.

"I worried every moment you were away." She says, I smile as I hold her tight against me.

"Where is Viserion?" I ask, Dany smiles at me.

"She's laid her eggs, Rhaenyra." My eyes widen in shock as a smile grows on my face. "Every one of them healthy, she rejected none." I let out a breath of relief and pull Dany into an embrace once more.

"We must wait, Jon may return." She nods in agreement.

"We will, I promise." I walk to find Tormund at the top of the wall.

"It seems I do not only search for you, Rhaenyra." He says as I approach him, I grin. His eyes do not leave the horizon, I place a hand on his arm and lean my head against his bicep.

"He will return, I can feel it." I say, Tormund nods in silent agreement. "He is strong, he will find his way back." I stand with Tormund for hours, finding myself unwilling to leave him alone on his barren wall.

"It is cold out here princess." I look up to meet his eyes.

"Perhaps we both need a break." Just as we turn away, a figure appears beyond the trees. Jon Snow, laying unconscious atop a black stead. Tormund runs down the wall and I quickly try to keep up, he pulls the gate open and lifts Jon from the horse. Davos arrives beside him, checking Jon's pulse from Tormund's arms.

"Bring him to the ships, we will get him settled. "

...

Odanno waits for me on the shores of Dragonstone, I smile and embrace him.

"I could not sleep knowing you were out there." He tells me, I pull back and smile at him.

"I had a fierce protector beside me." I say, Tormund smiles from behind me and nods to Odanno. Odanno steps forward and they lock arms.

"Thank you for protecting her." He smiles at Tormund.

"I would have given my life for her, I promise." Tormund says, we meet eyes and I feel the faint heat rise to my cheeks. Daenerys heads for the castle, followed by Jon Snow and his entourage, and I turn to Tormund and Odanno.

"Come on, we should head inside. We will be heading for King's Landing in the morning." I say.

...

I walk beside Tormund towards my bed chambers, allowing myself to step back from the duties of House Targaryen and simply enjoy his presence. The sun has set far below the horizon now and exhaustion has begun to overcome the both of us.

"You have a long journey ahead of you, princess." Tormund says as we stop outside my room, I nod as I smile at him. I rise onto my toes and plant a kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you for saving my life, Tormund Giantsbane." I say, he smiles and bows to me, laying a kiss on my knuckles.

"I would do it a hundreds time over if I had to, Nyra." He stands once more and smiles. "Sleep well, your highness."

...

I sit atop Rhaegal as we soar above King's Landing, hiding high above the clouds. Dany arrives beside me, gliding just a few feet away. We watch as our entourage arrives at the ruined dragon's pit, leaving our army to wait outside the wall. I look to her as they all take their seats beneath the canopies. Dany meets my eyes and waits a few moments before nodding to me.