06.

I stand beside Tyrion as the sea breeze blows through my hair, our dragons flying high above us.

"After I killed my father, I thought I would never return to Westeros." Tyrion tells me, I nod in agreement.

"I swore after hearing stories of the bloodlust Robert had for my brother I would never return. It's a first for all of us, Lord Tyrion." I tell him with a smile.

"Settle in everyone, it's going to be a long ride." Yara shouts from the top deck. I walk to Kivi and we head inside, followed by Daenerys and Tyrion.

...

"Princess?" Tyrion's voice says. My eyes flutter open to see the light of morning peaking through the windows. "We'll be arriving soon. Prepare yourself." Realization sets in, after the long days on the unforgiving see, home is just within our reach. I dress and Kivi twists a braid through my long hair. Odanno stands waiting outside the door, Daenerys and Missandei stand at the helm as Dragonstone comes into view among the morning mist. Odanno rests a hand on the small of my back and leads me to them as my eyes widen at the sight of it. Daenerys smiles as she wraps her hand within mine.

"Rhaenyra, we are home." She says and a smile stretches across my own face. Yara loads Dany, Missandei, Tyrion, and the others into a small dingy, she holds out her hand as I climb in behind them.

"Welcome home, princess." She says with a smile to me. Slowly we row to shore, the castle becomes larger and larger as we approach. Dany takes my hand once more as we reach the shore, the sand our family once stood upon beneath our feet. The gates to the great stairs remain open, Dany and I begin to climb them together. The emotions become overwhelming as we stand where out ancestors once stood, where our House first came to be.

The flags of House Baratheon litter the floor, torn and tattered among leaves and dirt. We turn the corner to see the throne of our ancestors standing tall before us. I walk to it and run my hand along the stone, a million emotions coursing through me. I follow Dany to the war room, a massive table mapping all of Westeros sits in front of us. Dany turns to face Tyrion with a smile.

"Shall we begin?"

...

I stand beside Odanno in the war room, all of Dany's allies surround the great table. Yara and Theon, Varys and Tyrion, Olenna Tyrell, Ellaria Sand and her daughters, and the blood riders of the Dothraki.

"We have the strength to attack King's Landing now. I think we should head there, while we still have surprise on our side." Yara declares to everyone.

"You have three dragons and many army's pledged to you, your grace. This is your strongest moment." Ellaria tells her.

"An attack on King's Landing with three dragons will result in destruction and many innocent casualties, your grace." Odanno tells her, I look in surprise to him. Traditionally the Dothraki would not consider the innocent lives when they attack a village, perhaps their values have shifted to match Dany's own.

"If we could weaken King's Landing from the outside, we may be able to draw them out." I say, Tyrion nods in agreement.

"If we can take the Rock, it would put the Lannister Army at an extreme disadvantage." Tyrion tells her, pointing to where his home stands. "While the Unsullied fight, our other allies will besiege King's Landing from the outside. But I do urge once again, your grace, that you meet with Jon Snow as the Red Woman claimed. The North is fiercely loyal to House Stark, they will not accept you if Jon Snow does not bend the knee." Dany takes in his words.

"I will not destroy what I plan to rule. Rhaenyra, you will take the Unsullied to lead the attack on Casterly Rock. You will take Rhaegal, but use him only along the outsides of the castle. We cannot risk destroying its walls." She tells me, I smile at her.

"Yes, your grace." I say with a bow, Odanno follows me out of the room and towards my chambers.

"I have a gift for you, Nyra. One I've had the finest blacksmiths working on since the last I saw you." He says, opening the door to reveal a beautiful set of armor. 

"Odanno

"Odanno." I breathlessly say, dragging my hand along the metal. "It is beautiful." He smiles at me.

"Come on, let's get you dressed." I stand before him as he carefully secures each metal piece to my body, attaching the red cape to my back. He places Dark Sister in the hilt on my hip as Kivi ties braids through my long hair. "One final thing." He leans down to pick up a small, jagged black crown and places it on my head, Kivi braids it into my hair to secure it during battle.

"You are ready, sister." I take both of their hands and smile.

"Blood of my blood, I will see you soon."

...

I stand before Rhaegal as he lays in the grass beyond Dragonstone. My hand drags across his scales, Greyworm's battle plans fresh in my mind.

"We're heading into a fight today, Rhaegal." I tell him, he senses my unease and blows a puff of unhappy breath at me before nestling in close. I smile at him. "Come on, it's going to be fun." I climb onto his back and we soar into the air, following the Unsullied from above. Rhaegal coasts in the wind, his wings gliding against the morning breeze. I lay back and look across the horizon, seas of green grass and tall trees stretch out before me. Small villages litter my view, long distances between each of them.

I let out a breath and close my eyes, soaking in my last moments of peace before this great battle.