16.

I stand beside Sansa in the war room, Arya remains to her right as Odanno stands to my left.

"We must march on King's Landing immediately." Daenerys says, I look at her in surprise.

"Our men need rest, your grace." I say, anger rises in her eyes as I counter her.

"I agree, the north have many wounded to be tended to." Sansa tells her, Daenerys remains quiet for a moment.

"We have won the great war, and now we will win the last one." She says, her eyes do not move from my own. I press my lips together and look away from her as the final decision is made. Jon will lead the army on foot to King's Landing, we will fly back to Dragonstone with our own forces and move from there. I turn to Sansa as the room empties, taking her hands in my own.

"Remember who you are, Rhaenyra." She says, squeezing her hands around mine. "I will see you again soon, when King's Landing is won." I extend my hand to Arya, she takes it and a warm smile passes over her face. I pull the both of them into an embrace, taking a deep breath as I close my eyes.

...

Tormund sits behind me as we soar towards Dragonstone, his arms wrapped tight around my waist. I lean into him, allowing Rhaegal to glide within the wind. I watch as the little ones soar beside Viserion, their mother glancing back at them as we fly. A gentle smile passes over my face as they spew tiny bursts of flames from their lips. Daenerys meets my eyes from Drogon and a small smile pulls on her lips, I return it.

To my left, Viserion narrowly misses the pointed end of a giant spear, she immediately roars and turns to guide her children to safety. I lean forward, grabbing hold of Rhaegal as Euron Greyjoy's fleet begins it's ambush. Their attack on our own fleet of ships begins, Drogon diving for the enemy boat housing the giant crossbow. Tormund pulls a bow from his back as we near the sails with krakens painted upon them.

"Dracarys!" I scream, flames flow from Rhaegal's mouth as Euron's fleet crumbles to splinters among the waves. We soar above them until the last of the ships sink to the bottom of the sea, the rest retreating farther into the ocean. I land beside Viserion, checking her babies as I hold a hand atop her snout.

"She's alright." Tormund says after rounding the entirety of the golden dragon, her scales remaining unharmed. Drogon lands beside me, he rumbles the very ground beneath us.

"Are you alright?" Daenerys says, moving to take my hand. I nod, unable to completely meet her eyes with the knowledge of her council's plans fresh in my mind.

...

"She's refusing food." Varys tells me, the grim news of Missandei's slaughter leaving a broken look to all of our faces.

"She is a shell of herself. She's lost her closest friend, and she knows the people of Westeros do not love her. She will resort to fear." I say, Odanno nods as he rubs a hand across his forehead.

"She will slaughter the city." Tormund says, a horrifying silence passes over all of us.

"Perhaps the true heir should be the one atop the throne." Varys says, meeting my eyes.

"No." I say, the word not coming out quite as set in stone as I thought it would. "They will kill us all."

"She will lose what little northern support she has if she slaughters you." Odanno says, finally looking up to me. "House Stark runs through your veins, Rhaenyra, just as much as House Targaryen. If you were to take the throne, you would have all of Westeros's support." I shake my head as they continue to talk.

"The north remembers, Rhaenyra. Word will spread of your time on the battlefield, it will spread to all of Westeros. They know you fought for them, I have seen their support in you. The Dothraki's faith in you." Varys tells me, a million thoughts race through my mind.

"Daenerys did not attack King's Landing when we arrived in fear of killing those who reside inside." I say, Varys's eyes are locked on my own.

"Much as changed since you first arrived in Westeros, princess." Varys tells me, I fall silent.

"Try to feed her again at supper, we will speak of this later." I say, dismissing them all. Tormund remains in his seat within our bed chamber, he finally stands once they're all gone and wraps his arms around me.

"You know I will be by your side, no matter what you choose." He says, planting a kiss atop my head.

"She is the last of my family, Tormund. No matter what ploy she develops against me, I cannot bring myself to betray her." I tell him, he pulls back to meet my eyes.

"You know in your heart what she has become, my love." He places a hand on my face before he shakes his head and a smile grows on his face. "Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen, the northerners call you Rhaenyra the Ruthless." I grin up at him, his smile instantly causing my body to relax.

"If I were Queen, would you be my King Consort?" I smirk up at him.

"I would be whatever you want, your grace." He scoops me up and spins me around, I laugh as my dress flows with the blowing wind. "I missed that sound, the battles we faced have stolen it from my ears." He sets me down and places a kiss to my lips.

"I missed you, having moments like this with you." He smiles at me.

"I will be your King Consort, I will be your sworn protector, I will be all of these things as long as it keeps me close to you. As long as it allows me to have these moments forever." He sits and pulls be between his legs, draping his arms lazily around my legs. "Our children will hold the name Targaryen, we would keep House Targaryen on the throne for a hundred more years."

"Quite a dream, I must say." I press one final kiss to his lips.