19.

I sit in the middle of the lords and ladies of Westeros, Sansa to my right with Jon beside her and Odanno to my left. Tormund stands behind me, a gentle hand rests on the back of my chair as he watches the others carefully. The sun shines into the dragonpit, Viserion and Rhaegal lay basking in its rays as the little ones wrestle amongst one another.

"She freed us from a tyrant." Yara shoots back, refusing to meet my eyes from her place farther to my left. My gaze finally reaches hers and I clench my jaw.

"You were not there, you did not see the destruction we saw. The city surrendered Yara, and she slaughtered them. She killed innocents." I say, Yara holds my eyes before falling silent.

"We must decide how to proceed." Yohn Royce tells me, his eyes glancing at me. Lord Arryn sits beside him, his young eyes watching me closely. "We must have a ruler in King's Landing. With Daenerys gone, the throne remains empty." Varys stands without a word, his eyes trailing across every Lord and Lady among us.

"Daenerys Targaryen was not our rightful heir." He says, those who surround us look to one another in confusion. "The heir sits among us." His hand motions to me, I sit up straighter and meet Varys's eyes.

"What do you mean? Rhaenyra is a bastard." Bronn says, settling into his seat.

"Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark married in secret, he did not rape her as Robert Baratheon claimed. I have seen it, if you require more proof you may see yourself in the old Grand Maester's diary." Bran says, his eyes remain looking straight ahead. "Rhaenyra Targaryen is no bastard, she is the Heir to the Iron Throne." The others look to me in shock, I bow my head in one single nod before meeting all of their eyes.

"I have heard your name whispered among Westeros. Of how you fought to save all of us against the Army of the Dead, of how you risked your life to save the innocents as Daenerys burned down King's Landing. I heard of how you kept her from destroying it the moment she landed in Dragonstone, I have heard tales of how you fought for the people." Gendry says, nodding to me with a smile. Sir Davos meets my eyes and gives me one nod of approval.

"She is our rightful heir." Varys says, Tormund tightens his grip on my chair. "All in favor, please say aye." Varys nods to me with a smile.

"Aye," Lord Arryn says, his young eyes meeting mine.

"Aye," Gendry repeats, pride swells within me as the approval echoes from every lord and lady of Westeros. My eyes finally meet Sansa's, a soft smile pulls at her lips.

"We once spoke of an alliance between us within the walls of Winterfell, of friendships to be made once House Targaryen took the throne." She says, my eyes widen as realization sets in. "I once sought for the north to be an independent kingdom if Daenerys took the throne, I knew my people would never bend the knee to her." She takes my hand in her own. "The blood of the dragon may run in your veins, but beside it runs the blood of House Stark. I watched my people follow you into battle, I watched them draw blood fiercely in your name. They will bend the knee to you, Rhaenyra Targaryen, I wish to bend with them." She turns her gaze back to Varys. "Aye."

"Then it is settled." Varys says, he motions to me and I stand. "I present to you Queen Rhaenyra of House Targaryen, Second of her Name, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm." All at once, the lords and ladies of every house fall to the knees before me, Tormund rounds my chair to take my hand and follow suit. They slowly stand, settling back into their chairs.

"We must now settle on what to do with Casterly Rock, and with Winterfell. Cersi and Jaime remain dead, and Jon Snow's true parentage allows him no claim to the North." Davos says, his eyes settling on mine. "It is your choice, your grace." I meet the eyes of those who surround me, considering the conversation to come.

"Tyrion will return to Casterly Rock as its Lord, he may govern his House as he sees fit." I say, the Lords and Ladies surrounding me nod. "Jon Snow, he is the prince of House Targaryen." I turn grinning to my brother. "He may choose to stay in the Red Keep with House Targaryen, or he may choose to go home to House Stark. The blood of both Houses runs through his veins, just as it does mine. Winterfell will pass to Sansa Stark, she will be it's Lady." No protests come from around me, I stand and gaze at them all one last time. "I have called this meeting to its end."

...

I walk into the Hand's tower, my black dress billows at my feet. It's hem slips off my shoulder and reveals a silver necklace bearing the sigil of House Targaryen hanging atop my exposed collarbone. Intricate embroidery of blood red dragons remain stitched into its fabric, flowing with my gown as I walk. My silver hair flows down my back, braided around the Crown of Jaehaerys that sits atop my head, a gift that took Varys months to find while we fought for this Iron Throne. Tormund follows close behind me in his armor that compliments my own clothing, his Valyrian steel sword strapped to his belt.

Odanno sits at the head of the table, the pin on his jacket signifying his place as Hand of the Queen. Varys sits to his right, his title of Master of Whispers back in place. Our Grand Maester Samwell Tarly remains beside him, my Master of Coin Tyrion Lannister to his left, and Sir Davos sits beside him as my Master of Ships.

"My Queen, King Consort, you've arrived just in time for our meeting." Odanno says as they all stand. I smile at them as I walk to the table, Tormund pulls the chair out as I settle into it. He takes his place beside me as I fold my hands on top of the table.

"Let's begin."