07.

I watch from the clouds as the Unsullied begin their attack on the Lannister army, we remain unseen yet by the enemy below.

"Come on!" I shout and Rhaegal dives below, revealing his massive size with a roar. Fire flows from his mouth and consumes the Lannisters beyond the walls of their castle; we reduce many of the army to ash as the few who remain retreat into the walls of the castle. "Land, Rhaegal!" High Valyrian slick across my voice, Rhaegal drops onto the grass and I slide off, taking a moment to look back at him. "Kill only those who leave the walls, do not destroy the castle." Somehow, in his eyes, I can see that he understands as he takes to the sky once more.

I pull Dark Sister from my hilt and head into the castle walls, gracefully cutting the throat of the first Lannister to run for me. Blood spews from the wound and covers my armor as he falls, splattering across my face and hair. I cut through Lannister after Lannister as I make my way through the castle, many too slow to keep up with my powerful blows, until blood splatters across my entire body.

The crazed feeling of rushing adrenaline takes hold of my mind as I approach the three Lannisters standing before me. The first runs at me, I deflect two of his blows and knock the sword from his hand upon the third. I quickly turn my sword around and stab it through his chest, turning to face the last two. They both run at me, and our battle becomes a dance.

I allow Dark Sister to become an extension of me, flowing with my body like the oceans we sailed here upon. With little effort I cut the sword from one's hand and kill him, before turning to cut the throat of the other. I stand breathing heavy as the last of the Lannister army lays at my feet and make my way to Greyworm atop the castle walls.

"There was too few of them." I say, Greyworm nods in agreement.

"You must return to Daenerys, she must know the rest of the Lannister army still remains." He tells me, I nod in agreement before heading back to Rhaegal. I climb atop his back and we take to the sky.

...

The ride to Dragonstone is short, but feels like a lifetime. When the castle comes into view, I notice ships bearing the sigil of House Stark docked along our shores and a large group walks up the stairs. I grin and soar above them, the new arrivals fall to the ground below me. I let out a laugh and turn to land among Rhaegal's siblings. I pat Rhaegal one last time before heading inside.

...

Jon Snow stands beside a huge man with fiery red hair, and their companion a man of older age as I walk to to the throne room, blood still splattered across me. From what I heard from the walk down the hall, Jon Snow refuses to bend the knee in fear of the Army of the Dead. The red haired man takes great notice of me, eyes never leaving my body that stinks of blood. Daenerys looks eagerly at me, I glance at the visitors and begin to speak to her in High Valyrian.

"We defeated the Lannister Army at Casterly Rock, but only a small number of their forces remained there. The rest, we have no information on where they might be." Dany takes in my words and nods.

"Thank you, Nyra. Go clean yourself, I will deal with our guests." She tells me, I bow to her and turn to leave. My eyes land on Jon Snow, the connection felt as soon as our gazes meet. It is something I have never felt before, and I cannot explain what it means. The feeling consumes my mind as I turn out of the throne room.

...

My dress of black and red blows in the winds of the ocean as I stand upon the balcony of the war room. Footsteps come from behind me, I do not turn to look at them.

"I wondered if there was truly a princess under all that blood." Jon Snow says as he comes to lean on the balcony. I smile and look to him.

"Tyrion tells me you wish to mine the dragon glass." I tell him, he nods.

"It's the only way we will defeat the white walkers. This war you fight against Cersi, none of it matters while they are still out there." I stand in silence for a moment.

"I believe you Jon Snow." He looks at me in surprise. "I felt a connection when our gazes met in the throne room. A force between us, binding us to one another. I can't explain what it is, or what it means, but it brought us to one another." He stares at me in shock.

"I felt it too. As soon as you walked past, it was an overwhelming feeling." We stare at one another as the reality sets in.

"Whether it is fate, I do not know. But I read of your white walkers as I grew in Bravos. I know the danger they hold, and I will help you defeat them." He takes my hand and covers it with his other.

"Thank you, your highness." I smile at him.

"The Starks and the Targaryens were loyal allies for hundreds of years. I hope we can restore that once the Targaryen name has taken the Iron Throne." Jon looks at me in confusion.

"You speak different than your aunt. This talk of allies rather than bannermen." My face falls and I look away from Jon. "You feel differently than her?"

"While Daenerys was planning with Viserys on how to return to Westeros, I would read books on the land we were returning to. I would read of the conquests of House Targaryen, and in every story when the Targaryens were at their strongest, they were allies with the independent kingdom of the North.

Not bannermen, not House Stark, all the stories took place when there was a King of the North. And their trust was won by House Targaryen, not expected." I meet his eyes once more. "I would never speak ill of Daenerys, and I will support every move she makes to take back the Throne. But she comes to Westeros expecting the great Houses to kneel before her, there are no plans to win their favor and their trust. This will be her downfall."