20.

Many Years Later
...

I sit atop Rhaegal, my daughter's fiery red hair blowing in the wind as she remains wrapped in my arms in front of me. Little Helaena Targaryen, gifted with the bright hair of her father. I soar over the Red Keep as her two older brothers fly on their own dragons to meet me. The children of Viserion, fully grown as their third sibling holds her own eggs within her womb back at the dragonpits. Built to their former glory, only this time with open ceilings to keep our dragons from shrinking. Drogon sits within its walls, his siblings constantly try to take to the skies with him once more, each time to no avail.

I look to my sons, their shock white hair mirroring my own. Rhaegar, my oldest son; set in line to take the throne after my own reign has ended. To my right sits Maelor Targaryen, soaring atop his own dragon. We land together at the pits, the keepers waiting to corral our dragons inside. I slide off Rhaegal's back and pull Helaena from him, my husband stands waiting for us. He takes the little girl into his arms and spins her around, setting her on his shoulders.

"We have a ball to prepare for, and you lot spend your time riding dragons." Tormund says, giving me a loving smile. I wrap my arms around both of my sons, pulling them against me as we begin the walk back to the Red Keep.

"I think your father is jealous he does not have a dragon." I say, the boys in my arms laugh.

"I think so too." Maelor says, running to catch up with his father. Without letting the girl on his shoulders slip, Tormund reaches for Maelor who runs just out of his reach with a laugh. I hear Helaena's giggle as Tormund rushes after Maelor.

Rhaegar has grown to be taller than my own height now, I wrap my arm around his waist as he drapes his own across my shoulders. I place a hand on his stomach as we walk through the gardens and towards the streets of King's Landing. Two Queensguard stand waiting to escort us the short walk to the Red Keep.

"Rhaenyra the Ruthless, they used to call you." Rhaegar says, staring at the Red Keep that looks over the kingdom, King's Landing having long since been restored to its former glory. He looks back to me and his gaze lingers on the scar running across my cheek. "Rhaenyra the Peaceful I believe they call you now." I smile at my son, he meets my eyes with his soft ones.

"It took ruthless battle to bring you and your siblings the peaceful world we live in now, my son." I tell him. "One day this will all be yours, and your own world of peace will come to fruition."

"If my rule is anything like your own, I have no doubt of that." I smile at him as we walk into the streets of King's Landing, the people looking to us with faces full of excitement.

"Your grace!" They exclaim, I gently wave as we make our way through.

...

I stand with my arm linked in Tormund's, royal clothing hangs on our skin as the guests of our ball shuffle in. The Crown of Jaehaerys sits atop my head, braided within my hair, as each member of my family wears their own crown. My council sits at the long table to my left, Odanno looks to me with a smile.

I see her flash of red hair enter, holding the arm of her husband, as her children enter and run to my own. My brother follows closely behind her, his eyes meet mine as a smile begins to grow on his lips. I let go of Tormund and walk to her, wrapping her in a tight embrace. Tormund is on my heels in a moment, wrapping Jon tightly in his arms.

"Sansa." I breath, she laughs. "I've missed you, cousin." She pulls back and takes my hands in her own.

"I have missed you." She says, smiling wide at me.

"How I wish the north and the south were not so far apart." I link my arm in her own and pull Jon from my husband, his arm slipping around my shoulders as I lead them both towards the Iron Throne. We fall short of it, staring up at the mighty metal chair.

"When I first heard of your arrival in Westeros, I never would have imagined it would have blossomed into this, your grace." Sansa says, looking to me once more. "Never thought Jon Snow would be a Targaryen prince." She says, glancing to the man beside us as we laugh.

"Neither did I, my lady." I tell her, Odanno arrives by my side.

"There is something we must discuss." He quietly says to me, I look to Tormund. His eyes are immediately on mine, he nods once to me.

"Excuse me for a moment, Lady Sansa." I say, she smiles to me and walks back to her husband. My brother does not move, holding my eyes with intensity in his own. Jon follows the three of us out of the ballroom and into our war room.

"A letter has just arrived, a warning," Odanno says, placing the parchment on the table. "From Jaime Lannister." I look to Odanno in shock, Jon looks to me in confusion. "There has been movement from House Martell in Pentos, talk with the Golden Company. They have taken your reign of peace as a sign of weakness, they plan to attack. Jaime and," Odanno glances to Jon. "His wife rush this news to you, the company set sail only two nights ago." Anger burns in my veins as I take in the information, considering every option.

"House Martell has committed treason against the crown," Tormund says, placing a hand on his sword. "We must act swiftly, and without mercy." I nod once in agreement, my eyes shifting between the men before me.

"Westeros has forgotten that Rhaenyra the Ruthless sits atop the Iron Throne." Jon says, looking to me with a grin.

"Let us remind them." I say.