1| But First, Coffee

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐤𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐤𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐏𝐎𝐕

She calls me the January child—says I'm warm in the beginning, but then I grow cold as time passes. So in return, I call her October orphan because she gets even weirder when Autumn comes and rides the spooky train till the end of the season. She punches me softly, and I tickle her mercilessly until we laugh hysterically.

Note to self—-I love the way she laughs.

Here we sit in this cafe on the corner as the memory of her name for me dangles in my thoughts. She tells me about her day and I spill secrets about mine. Afterwards, I pretend my fingers tingle and so I move them around like they annoy me. She takes my hand so she could massage them before saying...

"Kookie, give them a rest. Your viewers will miss you, but they will wait for you."

I shrug. "But I feel bad when I take a break. It's like I'm neglecting them." I can barely concentrate on speaking once she touches me. It's like the swords of heavenly bliss underneath her fingertips.

"They don't feel that way and you know that." She settles my fingers on the table and grabs her cup of coffee. "Stop overthinking, as always." She says with the smile that stops my heart and makes me question reality.

It's funny, we've only known each other for three years. I made partner on the streaming platform I use and she joins the guild I'm a member of on the game I stream, mostly. She was new to the game, but not the genre. She joins my team and surprisingly matches my vibe. We would team up often, until sometimes, it was just the two of us. Those are the moments I love the most.

Time passes and we engage more on a personal level. We both live in the same city, sometimes travel the same routes. Shop in the same mall and to this day, it baffles me we never met before our game time. So, we decided to, and here we are now, friends, but it's no secret, I want more.

However, I can't. Three guesses on why.

"I'm not overthinking. This is my job, Bells. I have to stay on top."

She sighs and takes another sip of her coffee. "Yes, you always have to be the best." She rolls her eyes and I can't help but smirk from her sass. It's one quirk I love about her.

"Easy for you to say when you're giving cup checks all day. Touching men's..."

"Don't—-Don't judge me. And they were football players I needed to fit." She chuckles. "Speaking of, gotta get back to work. I have some shopping I need to do for a new movie. It's the fun kind where I get to pretend I'm shopping for me in Louis Vuitton and Gucci."

Bellamy wraps her scarf around her neck before she grabs her drink. "I may play tonight if I have time to. There are some sketches I need to finish before work tomorrow, but text me, okay?"

I nod and take a sip of my drink. I get a little annoyed when our time is up, but I know she works and someday, she will be the one top. People will visit her stores with her own designs. She will be her own label.

She brushes her hand on my shoulder, and it leaves me no choice but to stare up into her—-whoa. My heart stops again.

Her eyes are brown, but when the sun hits them at just the right angle, like right now, I swear I'm witnessing honey glazed stars in them.

Note to self—-stars can shine during the day.

"Take a break. I will know if you don't." She speaks before giving me a light tap on my shoulder. "Text me later."

And like that, she's gone. I hate it, but watching the way her jeans hugs her curves with the utmost perfection is the calm which mellows me.

Bellamy mellows me.

☕️☕️☕️

AN
Hello! It's exciting and a little unnerving to be posting again. Thank you always for your love and support if my work.

I want to share a few things with you about this book:
•Updates won't be frequent.
•I'm learning to improve writing FPOV so please excuse any unedited lines.
•Chapters are short but some will be longer as the "story" progresses.
•The content I've planned for this book is EXTREMELY mature.
READER DISCRETION ADVISED.

I hope you enjoy this alternative Jungkook slice-of-life universe.

Love Always
Cupid 💘