10 | No More Sorries

Bellamy's POV

Bellamy's POV

It's like the first time, every time.

I remember the first time I met Kookie here.

I was so nervous.

We've been playing together for quite a while and the more we talked, the more we realized how close we were in proximity. We agreed to meet at a small corner coffee shop and cafe and I was so afraid he wasn't gonna show. I was already accepting the fact of this being too weird to meet, but when I received his message saying he was opening the door, my heart leaped out of my chest.

It wasn't hard to recognize him from his profile photo, though his hair had gotten a tad longer, nothing like now though. His curious eyes fell right to mine and his smile brightened the cafe from corner to corner. If he were nervous, I wouldn't have known. He handled it a lot better than I did.

The feeling of seeing him for the first time has always been with me. This coffee shop is our spot and we meet here from time to time. It's become our sanctuary.

I took a sip of my tea and glanced at the door at the right moment. Kookie walked in and his eyes were already on me. Part of the reason for this was because we sat at the same booth every visit. He knew exactly where to find me. The minute he smiled at me, all was lost.

All the annoyance, the pettiness, the lack of courage he and I both shared in confronting our—--whatever happened, was gone. I just wanted things to get back to the way they were.

Kookie approached me and I stood up before he sat down and grabbed him for a hug. I'm not sure of my reason for this, but I needed him. I needed his comfort. His warmth. I needed my friend.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. If it weren't for the rumble in his chest from speaking, I would have never known he uttered a word.

I leaned away from him and fell into his solemn stare. The sincerity in his eyes made my heart skip, but there was something else in eyes as well. Something I couldn't quite understand, but the energy from his stare was...spine tingling.

Kookie lifted his thumb to my face, stroking it softly. He's never done this. He's never shown this type of affection. Now I'm really nervous.

I didn't have much of an idea on how this would go other than a maybe apology, some laughs and teasing like always, but this isn't like other coffee meets. What has happened since we spoke on yesterday?

"I'm sorry too. I feel responsible for almost..." I could barely get the words out, and I wondered if I even meant what I was about to say? Was I sorry for almost kissing my friend? Was he sorry for almost allowing it? "I mean, there's Mason, and..." I couldn't say anymore.

Kookie eyes seethed for a flash of a half second when I mentioned Mason. Yeah, it was wrong of me to mention my boyfriend while we were like this, but it's a reality we both needed to see. I'm wondering if I even wanted to see it anymore.

Five years I've invested in my relationship with Mason, and for the last year, I've been questioning the worth of it. I didn't want to think of my friendship with Jungkook to be the reason, but I'd be stupid not to admit he wasn't part of it—-along with some other behaviors from my boyfriend.

Part of me half expected him to walk in the coffee shop to find me hugged up with Jungkook.

"I know. I—-" Kookie paused before his shoulders drooped in a long sigh. "He's not good for you, Bells. I'm sorry, but he's not."

My lips quivered. Tears may have tried to break the barrier I created to hold them back, but I held them and it hurt to do so. This was also something different from him. He's never expressed himself like this about my relationship. Why now? "Kookie?"

He sighed again. "Bells, I care about you. He doesn't. He's..." Kookie glanced down at his pocket and then over at the tea on the table and then back at me. "Have you paid for that already?"

"Yeah." I answered fast, anticipating the reason for this left sided question. He nodded and took my hand.

"Let's go."

What started like the first time shifted into something different and I'm not sure where he's taking me, but wherever we go or whatever we do, I won't be sorry for anything.

Cupid 💘