13| Stakeout

Jungkook's POV

Jungkook's POV

This is killing me.

The rush of anxious adrenaline riddled through me made my fingers and toes tingle. Every so often I glanced at Bells, who stared out of the window, eyes glazed and soft. I'd give anything to know what she's thinking, but if I attempt to ask her, my words may not relay as nicely as I would want them. I hate Mason. When I see him and I will see him, his face is going to have a brief encounter with my fist.

Tae glanced at me in the mirror, hiking his brow as if he read my mind. He blinked before staring at Bells, and I noticed the same tenderness in his gaze. It bothered him as much as it did me. Bells didn't deserve this. She is such an amazing woman—-kind, sweet, smart as hell. How did she end up with someone like the asshat we are staking out?

I know I'm allowing my feelings to disrupt my thinking, and it's my feelings—-which is why we are here, but she's my friend. I can't...no I won't allow her to be treated this way. It isn't fair. It isn't right. She deserved more. She deserved me.

Instinctually, I took her hand in mine and that's when it happened. A tear, a lone tear trickled down her cheek while she remained staring out of the window. My heart shattered inside me and my angry graduated to full on fury. Can you imagine how hard it is to mediate through this kind of energy in order to remain calm?

"Bells," I whispered her name, but she didn't answer. Her tears kept falling and my fury grew more.

Taehyung glanced at me again and nodded. He opened his car door and stepped out, closing the door behind him and leaning against while his phone rested on his ear. Judging by the way he smiled, he must have found some sort of entertainment to keep him occupied while we waited.

"Bells," I called her again, and this time, she turned to me. My heart sank to the pit of my stomach seeing her in this state. I tugged her close to me and held her. She didn't speak and her sobs were silent. She's hurt, probably afraid as well as angry.

Bells held me tighter, to the point of squeezing, and I allowed her to. I will allow her anything as long as I can have her this close. Though this isn't the best of circumstances, when this is over, I will remind her of her worth.

While resting my chin on her thick, curly hair, I saw two people walking towards Mason's car. Taehyung turned quickly and got inside his car while I nudged Bells. She lifted away from me and her gaze landed directly in front of her, staring at her boyfriend and best friend as they headed towards Mason's car.

I watched Bells...the look of disappointment and betrayal swirled in her eyes. I reached for the door handle, but she stopped me and shook her head. Mason doesn't realize he was just touched by an angel.

The three of us stared at Lia leaned against his car and he kissed her multiple times as if they knew they drew an audience. I scoffed, as they seemed careless of their little show, then smirked, knowing how they would pay for this later.

Once they got inside, and pulled out of the parking lot, I told Tae to follow them, but Bells said not to. I turned to her, my stare asking why, and she shook her head. "There is no need to. I've seen all I needed to," she answered.

"And?" I asked, with the lingering fury inside my voice. My fingers tapped against the seat as I bit down on my lower lip. "Don't let him get away with this, Bells!"

"I'm not Kookie. But I don't want to deal with this now." She whispered. If I wasn't so angry, I would be border line nervous about how calm her voice was despite the tears on her face. She reached for my tapping fingers and silenced them. "Calm down Jungkook, please?"

How could I deny her when she said my name so sweetly? I sensed the smirk on Taehyung's face and the words he's whipped as fuck tossing around in that skull of his. "Fine. What do you want to do?"

Bells took a deep breath and stared out of the window as if recalling the echo of Mason's car leaving the hotel. "Go home, please." She glanced at Tae, who nodded before cranking up the engine. Bells sat back and put on her seatbelt. She smiled at me and reached for my hand before turning back to stare out of the window.

Cupid 💘