9| It's My Fault

Bellamy's POV

Bellamy's POV

"What's with the frown?" Lia asks while she laid out my recent work for a cute photo session.

Now, since I've finished some new designs, I'm excited to see the response on my website. Lia is a much better photographer than I am and she made my clothes look delectable food porn—-only unedible.

The traffic on my site has been crazy since the up-and-coming actress, Ana Jean, noticed me from my small online business and raved about my little boutique. She told me and I quote, "You're going to be a very busy girl."

She wasn't lying.

From the minute she posted a photo on her social media, my emails flooded with requests and orders. Busy is an understatement.

I've been considering giving up my job as a costume designer and fitter if this takes off, and it will probably take months for me to weigh these options. But wouldn't it be nice for flexible freedom of working my own business? Maybe, one day, my store will be the place where movie executives want me to design the wardrobes for their sets. What a dream it would be! However, my daydream hit a pause once I peered at my phone to see a message from Kookie. 

We hadn't talked in weeks. I blame myself for some of it only because I don't know what to think about what happened with us before Mason came to my apartment that night.

And when he said, "this fits too." is haunting to say the least. Not to mention the look in eyes, the rasp, the sensual tone in his voice. For goodness' sake, his touch.

I've held Kookie's hand plenty of times. I've even wrapped my arms around him for a hug, and for a moment when our faces would touch, I'd smile at the endearment of knowing I had such a sweet friend.

Friend. The most vague description between a man and a woman when the lines blur.

I can't get him off my mind and it's wrong.

Between my temptation with Kookie and Mason waiting for my consent to move in, it's a miracle I'm able to keep it together.

I hadn't heard from Kookie since that night and my first thoughts were guilt, but as the days passed, I didn't know what would happen with us because too much happened last time. Reaching out works both ways, but I didn't and I buried myself in work to avoid him and the million of scenarios of Kookie and I in compromising ways if Mason never showed up.

Now he's texting me to meet for coffee. For what?

"Nothing. I'm replying to this text."

"Mason?" Lia asks as she completed her layout and grabbed her camera.

I shook my head. "Kookie." I set my phone down and continued with emails.

"Hmm, hot shirtless boy," Lia said, grinning before she took a few test shots.

I ignored her statement and kept to my work. Kookie shirtless is the last thing I need distracting me right now, though it's been one the of things I orbiting this guilty brain of mine.

But what if Mason never came? Would something happen between us? Could I betray Mason that way? The very thought sorta made me sick to my stomach. My feelings would cloud my judgement and the consequences would be unforgiving but deserving. For both of us. He has a girlfriend and I would feel horrible for hurting her.

"What does Mason really think of your friendship with Jungkook?"

What a loaded question. So much that I lifted from my computer screen and stared at Lia, unsure of how to even answer her. "He was probably suspicious before, but he doesn't seem that way now."

Lia stared before nodding at my reply. "But he has no reason to be right? You haven't done anything with Jungkook, have you?"

"No. It's not like that."

Lia's brow hiked. "Bellamy, you barely talk about him with me. I mean, I met him for the first time when he came to your apartment. Who knew gamers could be so hot?" She said with a smirk.

She's right though. I could talk to her about Mason all day, but Kookie—-he's like my little secret. Perhaps it's best I keep it that way—-even from Lia.

"Well, I think..." Lia's phone glared in the distance and she picked it up. A grin cornered her lips while writing her reply. "I think..." she slipped her phone into the back pocket of her jeans. "you should be careful. I mean, how much do you know about someone you met online?"

Is she serious right now? Kookie and I have known each for a while now and we've met how many times? If he was a nightmare, we wouldn't have made it this far. I can't help but smile when he's on my mind—-gaming with him, laughing with him. Not just him, but Jin and Tae as well. I really need a gaming sesh with my friends because I miss them so much.

I miss Kookie the most.

"Chill Lia. Kookie is not like that." I lower my head down, still pondering over the deliciousness of him. Bells, you're going to hell. Somehow, my frustration of his absence disappeared and this coffee date is my new anticipation.

"If you say so," Lia mumbled.

I ignore her again and continued on with my work.

Cupid 💘