4| On My Mind

Jungkook's POV

Jungkook's POV

I can't get Bells off my mind.

I think of her all the time, but today seems different. During my gaming session, I kept my eyes on my chat, wishing she'd pop in. I glance at my phone, hoping her name would appear from a call or a text. When there was time to spare, I daydream about her, wondering what she was doing in this moment. It's frustrating, but I'm low key worrying about her.

Of course, it would be easy to pick up the phone and do these things I'm looking for her to do, but I always feel like I'm interrupting her. Bells is always busy.

Tae
She's not too busy for you.
Just call her, damn

JK
🙄

Tae
Gotta go.
I'll be on later to play

JK
K

I don't bother telling my friends much when it comes to the girl I can't get off my mind, but I don't have to say anything because they already know. There's no need for me to hide how I feel about her to them. But hiding it from her is the challenge.

I should suck it up, right? Check on how she's doing? Yeah, that's what I will do.

Kookie
Hey Bells, busy?

Ten minutes later, no response. See, she doesn't...

Bells
Kookie! Omg! You'll never guess
what happened to me!!

Oh, well, she seems excited, so it can't be anything bad, right? I'm hoping for the best.

Kookie
What happened?

Bells
One of the actresses on set recognized
my face from my website and told me
she loved my store.
Ever since then, my website
has been insane today!!!
I'm up to ears in orders!

Holy shit! It's happening for her. She's getting the recognition for amazing designs.

Kookie
Bells! That's awesome!
I'm so proud of you!
We have to celebrate!

Bells
Thank you, Kookie!
Yes, we have to,
but I can't tonight.
I really need to figure
this out and I have no idea
where to start.

Kookie
Do you need help?

Shit! Why did I ask that? Why did I offer my help so impulsively? She's gonna say no and now I'm staring at my phone like a fool because I can't keep my mouth shut. But I'm so proud of her. This was bound to happen one day. Sometimes all it takes is for the right person to realize your potential.

This was the reason she stayed in my thoughts. Something fantastic happened to her, and she was busy, but for a good reason. Bell's life is about to change.

I pace a little like I am right now as I'm waiting for her to respond. What if she wants me to come over? I live a little ways from her, but one hop over the freeway and I am there. But what if, though? How could I possibly help her? She's never needed my help before, so how can now be any different?

Note to self—-Think before you speak.

I stare at the picture she sent me, which is now her profile photo on my phone. I can never get over how beautiful she is. Look at her bright smile, her ray of confidence. She will never see me the same.

Sadly.

Even if she doesn't, I value our friendship; you know? Bells is a good person. She is a sweetheart. I've never heard her say a mean thing about anyone. She listens to me when I need her and always telling me to take a break because she says I don't take enough time for myself. She cares for me like I care for her, but my version of caring may run a little deeper. If she allows me to join her and help her, then what?

What will you do Jeon Jungkook?

Bells
Please.
I really need you.
Would you mind, Kookie?

My body chilled and my mind may have not the most...wholesome, reading this text over and over. But she needs me. Bells needs me and I will be there for her.

JK
Never mind for you

Cupid 💘