7| Bad Luck or Blessing in Disguise

Jungkook's POV

Jungkook's POV

I don't trust him.

I used to imagine Mason as this picture of the perfect man who treated Bells like a queen and showered her with gifts while showing support of her life's choices. Just this handsome, adonis who lucked up and ended with the perfect woman. Well, he is an above average looking guy, but everything else, I'm still on the fence about.

When Bells came back into the living room, something in the air sent me stirring. I'm not sure why, but there was an opportunity, and I wasn't about to let it slide.

Better yet, I lied. I know what stirred me—-seeing the girl of dreams, being in her apartment and those starry eyes staring at me. Innocent enough for me to protect with everything I am, but there is a desire there. A lust underneath so tempting that she wanted whatever this is as much as I do. There is no way I'm alone with this.

I needed to find out. I needed to see if Bells is about me the way I am for her, and I was close. So close to having her in my arms, tasting her lips and maybe more if she'd allow it.

The doorbell couldn't have picked a more perfect moment to ring. And the person behind it was the icing on the cake.

Mason walked in as if he owned the place, and nodded at me before pulling her close to him and kissing her. It was a show if ever saw one.

They made small conversation until they both walked over to me. Bells explained I was there to help her and Mason pretended not to care, but I can see how much I annoy him being here. Bells seemed to play it cool, not giving him anything to worry about, and I followed along with it.

We smiled through the awkwardness and I held a brief conversation with them until the buzz in my pocket vibrated against me. I lifted my phone and the grin lingering on my lips faded. I couldn't determine if this was bad luck or a blessing in disguise.

This situation turned more uncomfortable when the girl I'm dating sends me a text.

Talk about perfect fucking timing.

I smiled at the message and replied to her back, playing it off to the audience before me and telling her to meet me at my place. It killed me to do this. It killed me of what I will do when she comes over, but my frustration needed a release.

I tell Bells I have to go meet Eliza. Her expression changed, but it's so subtle if I had blinked, I'd miss it. Bells smiled and said, "thank you for your help, Kookie. I appreciate you and have fun with Eliza." She gave me that bright smile and my insides tingle from the sincerity behind it. But there was something else, and we both knew it.

Any other time Eliza's mentioned, Bells would be encouraging and thoughtful about me and my friend, but after what happened between us, it's clear to me I've changed her thoughts. I've changed her.

"You should invite her over next time. We could do a double date thing." Mason suggested.

The smug expression on his face bothered me as he held Bells closer to him. I nod and grin at him, not giving him any satisfaction at his bullshit. "That'd be cool. I'll tell her." I answered before finding my way to the door, not bothering to look back.

It's interesting he showed up then when he should have been there for his girlfriend and her accomplishment instead of me. If she was mine I—-nevermind.

Perhaps he wanted to be there, but couldn't. I can't imagine his situation, but it seemed odd to me.

Like I said before, I don't trust him.

The air outside allowed me to breathe in a fresh new hell, one where I will taunt myself with what could have happened tonight versus what did.

The drive back home seemed shorter than it did getting to Bell's apartment. By the time I got to my place, I spotted Eliza walking toward the entrance. Shaking my head, my lips curved in response as I approached her before opening the door to let her in.

"I was wrapping up dinner with some friends and figured I'd stop in if you were free." She said as she walked into the apartment. I close the door behind us, admiring her ass as it switched inside her jeans. I smirk, partly in disgust at my thoughts and partly for the reason I'm agreeing to this.

"How was your dinner?"

Eliza shrugged. "Fine." She turned back to me and grinned. "I kept thinking of you, though." She moved closer. "Have you been thinking of me?"

I could lie and tell her yes, but the lie isn't worth it. I've kept her around for one reason, and right now, that reason is all I care about as I pull her toward me. Her perfume sailed around me as I lean closer to her ear. "What do you think?"

The smirk of her lips is a silent echo in our space. "Why don't show me?" She teased.

"Take off your clothes, then." The tone of my voice is as even as the expression on my face. I can't have any feelings about this. I can only enjoy this for what it is because—-well, isn't it obvious?

Eliza performed a little strip show when she removed her blouse and bra. "Don't let me be alone in this." Her husky whisper trembled a bit. Not gonna lie, it sounded hot as fuck, but would be hotter coming from someone else.

I'm aware this is wrong. Believe me, I almost hate myself for it.

When I watch Eliza remove every article of her clothing, I imagine it to be Bellamy before me, stripping down before she allowed me to take her. I get hard from the image of it, and it's wrong. Everything about this is wrong and now, since I'm reliving all my faults right now, I was also wrong about what I did tonight.

Damn, I said wrong one too many times.

My feelings and temptation made me take advantage of being alone with Bellamy. Instead of me helping her like I went there for, I got lost in her eyes and reacted like a horny high schooler. She has a boyfriend, and she's too sweet for me to place her in a predicament to cheat.

Note to self—-Stop being selfish and learn patience! Kinda fucked up what you did, bud.

I shouldn't have done that. Feelings or not, it wasn't right. Just like it's wron—not right for me to think of Bellamy when Eliza's here.

I've done it before, imagine Bellamy while with Eliza. Most of the times, it's what pushed me through my climax. Imagining Bells riding me, saying sweet, dirty things to me. And...fuck I'm getting hard again.

But even staring at Eliza's perfect, taut body, I don't think I can do this tonight. I'm hurting too many people and soon I will hurt myself. Selfish, fucking selfish Jungkook.

"I can't Eliza. Sorry."

"Huh?" Her voice cracked in surprise. She was about naked in front of me, ready to please me, and I'm denying her.

"Not tonight. You should go home."

She released a long, frustrated sigh and gathered her bra and blouse to put them on. "You know, Jungkook, you can be so confusing." She huffed after buttoning her blouse. "Sometimes you're the sweetest, caring man and then you tense up and push me away. I don't get it. I don't get you."

Eliza is about to walk past me, but I reach for her. She turned to me with a glaze of tears in her eyes. Now I feel like a bigger asshole. "It's not you. You're great."

She shook her head. "But not great enough for you." She freed herself from my hold and exited my apartment.

Cupid 💘