12 | Confused...or Not

Bellamy's POV

Bellamy's POV

I'm so confused about many things.

Jungkook bringing me to a hotel had my heart beating frantically in my chest, but the tenderness in eyes told me we weren't here for what my guttural mind concocted. I'd like to think if something like that ever happened between him and me, it would be in a more romantic setting. Besides, the tone of his voice confirmed we were obviously not here for us.

So what the hell are we here for?

Taehyung meeting us here baffled me even more. I can't deny I wasn't happy to see his smiling face. I swear, this boy looks taller and broader every time I see him. It made me wonder how many hearts he's broken lately?

He led Kookie and me to a car—-a pretty familiar car. A car which I've sat in many times. A car making me wondering why it's here at a hotel in Koreatown.

I turned to Kookie, whose gaze grew soft. It was pretty obvious he recognized the car as well. But Tae, why would he lead me here? He's never met Mason, from what I can recall. How would he know what my boyfriend drives? Given the circumstances, the thought is rhetoric, but I'm trying to work through my confusion. 

My attention turned back to the car. Part of me wanted to walk around it, hoping it wasn't his, but not everyone in here in LA drives a custom color 2023 Camero, with the initials ML with a cross next to it. It's highly unlikely Mason has an identical twin I didn't know about with the color of his favorite football team on his car and the initials of the grandfather he's named after. But who knows, right?

"Bells," Kookie called.

I shook my head. I didn't want anyone's words to interrupt my thought process. Okay, Bellamy, just call him.

I held the phone to my ear until his voicemail picked up. Mm, a little sus.

"Try Lia." Kookie suggested.

I turned to him faster than I could process his words. "Lia? Why?"

"Because that's who he's with." Taehyung answered.

"He's with Lia?" I asked, cringing at the incredulous sound in my voice. Tae nodded as a reply.

What the fuck is happening right now? I giggled a little, waiting for the Tae and Kookie to give me the punch line of this obvious sick joke, but their expressions remained unchanged. They were serious.

"So you're saying Mason isn't answering me because he's here with my best friend?" I asked, turning to the one who brought me to this—-whatever this was. The tenderness in Kookie's eyes appeared again and confirmed his candor. If I'm to be honest, it never left from the beginning. So, I shrugged and called Lia because we all need to experience this bullshit at this point.

Unlike Mason, Lia answered.

"Hey girl! What's up?"

Kookie and Tae traded glances as we listened to her raspy breath over the speaker. I wasn't sure how to piece this together yet, so I continued to act normal.

"Hey! Wanna grab a bite? I was craving some Korean Fried Chicken over at Min Cafe over in Koreatown." I glanced at Kookie, whose expression softened more at my suggestion. There was a wonder there I will have to explore at another time.

Lia paused before speaking. "Uh, can't love. Gotta finish this inventory at the store. How about tomorrow?"

I looked over to Kookie, who shook his head. "Yeah, tomorrow would be great." I answered.

"Sweet! We have so much to catch up on! Talk to you soon!" She hung quick before I could say goodbye.

"Lying ass bitch." Kookie muttered.

I remained unsure of how to feel.

Taehyung left us and walked over to his car, leaving me and my friend next to Mason's car. My eyes and Kookie's spoke silently.

"Bells,"

"Kookie, I'm not sure how to feel about this. I mean, you and Tae brought me here to catch Mason and Lia in the act, and it's obvious that something is going on right now, but I don't..." Whatever emotion I'm attempting to suppress is swelling inside me.

Jungkook took my hand and pulled me close to him for a hug. I inhaled him and drowned in his scent. His warmth. Among the chaos brewing in my mind, a sick part of me hoped there would be some confirmation of my reason here. Then perhaps...

That's dangerous thinking Bells.

"Come on." Jungkook whispered to me. I lifted from him and noticed he looked over at Tae's car, which was now backed in facing Mason's car. Three guesses on his reason.

I'm not sure if I'm so confused anymore. Now, I only want the truth.

Cupid 💘