CHAPTER 3: DEAD?!?!

CHAPTER 3: DEAD?!

"Choose? But choose what?" Ichigo asked perplexed.

However the beings acted as if they didn't hear him at all and continued speaking.

"We are You but You are not us" They spoke royally as if a king speaking to his subject.

Their way of speaking and even their very presence demanded attention and respect, and a Kingly prestige and pride was basically overflowing off of them.

Ichigo was startled. Not only because of the strange way of speaking but also what they were saying.

"What do you mean?‽" Ichigo asked with his famous frown adorning his features. " You are me but I am not you?"

"Correct, 'Ichigo Kurosaki'" The Hollow replied with air quotations at the name.

Seeing this action an inexplicable sense of dread filled Ichigo's heart.

"What's that supposed to mean?! I am Ichigo Kurosaki" This dread however made him angry and his anger flared.

"In a sense you are right but in another you are completely wrong" The Red Angel replied in such a calm manner as if telling time.

For some reason Ichigo instinctively knew that Red was telling the truth and he knew better than to question his instincts, he already knew that it was his Instincts that had saved his life so many times, not some dumb luck, like the others believed.

And this realization snuffed out all the anger in him in a single blow.

"So, what do you want with me? Who even are you guys? And me for that matter? If not Ichigo Kurosaki." Ichigo asked them with somewhat dispirited voice.

Red quirked his eyebrows in surprise, it seemed he had not anticipated such a response from the orange haired protector.

"Ichigo Kurosaki is dead" Quincy/Hell King declared as if the most obvious thing in the world.

This earned him varying degrees of expressions.

Red seemed angry for some reason.

Hollow was quiet but his eyes narrowed down a little.

And the Oni just sighed in both resignation and relief.

As for Ichigo, he just fell on his butt at this sudden declaration.

He guessed that it may be something shocking but this ... This .. this was just absurd.

"I am here aren't I?" Ichigo asked trying to deny it as best as he could.

The Oni sighed again at Ichigo's reaction though this was expected, what person won't be shocked if you just up and told them they were already dead.

The Quincy ignored everyone's reaction and continued.

"It has already been long since He died" there was some emotion in those eyes even though the voice was cold and distant

" He died the moment he used final getsuga tensho and ...*sigh*" He couldn't finish the sentence.

"No...No...No.. Wait..wait..wait.. You are saying that I died by using Final Getsuga Tensho‽ How is that even possible? I clearly remember 3 entire yrs after that, So how could that be? This isn't some kind of sick joke, is it‽"