CHAPTER 11

CHAPTER 11: Isshin and Masaki Part 2

Masaki was angry no scratch that she was furious no not even that she was just depressed.

Just a year ago she was living in Silver City and chatting and playing with Gabriel but now, she was a Fallen Angel.

You may be confused about what happened so let me elaborate.

Masaki was a pure-blooded angel and a rising star in heaven because of her astonishing growth rate and the fact that she was doted a lot by Gabby(Gabriel). Some even considered the possibility of her eventually becoming an Archangel as well.

Around 10 months ago, she took a trip to the lower world to see how humans and the church functioned.

She found 98% of the church and humanity great but the problem arose with the remaining 2%.

She had lived a partially sheltered life thanks to Gabby and never knew people could be this evil when she used to think the devils were the biggest evils of the world.

But unfortunately, Humanity proved her wrong, to think these people were so twisted that they would commit such atrocities in the name of her father and religion.

She couldn't understand why her father or other Archangels hadn't interfered and stopped them.

Were they okay with these things? No, Gabby wasn't like that. Neither were the others. So why? Why?

Why!‽‽‽‽‽

For context, what she was witnessing was ethnic cleansing. A mass purging of one ethnic or religious group by another.

And it wasn't even for their religion as they claimed because she could sense the joy the invaders felt from killing these innocent people.

Then she saw Red before losing consciousness.

*Roaaaarrrrr*

When she came to, she had already Fallen and the surrounding area had turned into a wasteland with all the people who participated in the attack already dead.

She was the one to kill them all. This was a fact she could tell because the wounds were all caused by blood lightning her special ability. And no other attack would make the opponent both bleed and burn at the same time. There was also her fragmented memory which helped her come to this realisation.

The victims were nowhere in sight except for those who had died before she came here.

She spent the next few days digging the graves for the victims and collecting their bodies. It was easy to distinguish the two parties by their clothes and injuries.

After remorsefully burying the bodies, she destroyed the bodies of the attackers. They didn't deserve rest even in death.

After silently staring at the grave mounds for half a day. She spoke, "How long are you going to observe me?"

"Ah... I just didn't want to disturb you. You seemed to be busy."

A figure soon emerged from behind a building.

"Azazel"

"Yes? Masaki"

They knew each other plenty well. They had fought against each other more than a few times.

"What do you want?"Masaki spoke in an annoyed tone.

"Oh well... No point in Dilly-dallying" Azazel replied lazily "I want you to join Grigori"

Masaki's eye widened. Although she had expected it, she couldn't help but be surprised when receiving this offer.

'I..I really am a fallen now? huh' Masaki wondered