CHAPTER10

Chapter 10: The past of Isshin and Masaki(An Oni and an Angel) Part 1

400 Years Ago, Ura-Kanto, Edo Period

"No. Definitely not. Never" Ishhin firmly shook his head.

"But young master, you need to choose one of the options as soon as possible" a Yokai looking like an old man said.

"But why?!" Isshin groaned

"You are the sole successor of Kishin clan and the only rightful heir of East yokai faction" Nurarihyon the old Yokai answered "I can control the chaos and unrest amongst the populace for a few decades but I am getting older and weaker"

"Don't say that. You are the one who raised me when my family passed away." Isshin said somberly " You are the one whom every Yokai of our faction trusts the most. So even if you were a weak old man I think most would still support you"

"Oh?" Nurarihyon quirked his eyebrows "then if you trust me. Why don't you just accept my proposal and become the new leader and choose a few wives for yourself"

Putting his face in his hands Isshin groaned again

"How many times must I tell you? I don't feel...you know...spark when I see those girls. Also, I barely know any of them." Isshin once again recited the reason for his vehement refusal

"Hmmm" The old Yokai countered "You can always get to know them better after marriage and the 'spark' or whatever you call it, you can marry her as well, it's not like our race prohibits a Harem, in fact, it will be better if you have multiple wives"

Isshin sighed, he knew he couldn't beat this old man in debate, ever. Looking outside he saw he saw the sun was beginning to set. This was his chance.

"Look, it's getting late. I am gonna get some rest" Isshin pointed to the window as he hurriedly left the room.

"Fine! Go! But our conversation isn't over yet! You understand, Young Master!?" Nurarihyon yelled at the back fleeing Isshin and sighed.

Isshin was already in his 2nd century but he still acted like some human teenager.

'Haah' Nurarihyon sighed again and rubbed his eyes as he closed them and recalled the past.

Isshin wasn't always like that, he was in fact the most promising warrior of Kishins or maybe even all of the Yokai faction.

His parents, the ones to whom Nurarihyon had pledged his loyalty, died protecting all of the Yokais from an Evil Tribal God.

Now, not all the Tribal Gods were evil but just like there were evil gods or Satan equivalents in every religion, the being was one such example.

He used strange magics unknown to Yokai and absorbed the flesh and blood of every being he killed and the being who was at the High-Class Devil level(=lowest level god) grew stronger-stronger and with the destruction of Northern and Southern Yokai factions of Japan he had risen to Ultimate class level maybe nearing Satan class(= mid god level). His use of strange magics gave him the ability to bypass all sorts of magic and escape before Isshin's parents could reach him.

That was when Tsukiyomi himself intervened and trapped him with the same magics the tribal god had used.

The three quickly made short work of him, with 2 Satan class beings and a High level God the being stood no chance to win or even tie and the tribal god knew it as well. So, he chose to self-destruct, the explosion not only contained his own energy but also the energy of the people he had consumed but had yet to digest. This sudden explosion not only killed the Kishin duo but also severely injured Tsukiyomi.