Chapter Four: The Capture

The tea.

Reid should have known better. His mother was clever, catching him with his guard down. She must have spiked the tea.

When Reid woke up, he was in an unfamiliar room. It was grand with a tall ceiling, white marble floors, and gold trimming. But despite being so lavish, it seemed cold. Like it wasn't lived in. There were no personal items to be found.

Reid was tucked into the white circular bed that sat on a raised surface on the far side of the room. The pillows were soft and the sheets were like silk. This type of luxury, Reid only dreamed about.

"You are awake," a deep accented voice said.

Reid jumped, he hadn't even noticed someone enter the room.

Immediately on alert, Reid surveyed the Naerian, hating how his gut clenched at the sight of his beauty. Suppressants or not, he would not be able to fight the call of his fated pair, especially not during his Rut.

The Naerian stepped forward and Reid inched back on the bed, trying his best to maintain the distance. It was only then that he noticed the weight on his ankle.

Confused, he glanced under the silk sheets and noticed not only his complete lack of dress, but also the thick silver shackle around him, connecting him to a thin chain.

Rage flooded Reid's entire being.

"Monster," the human spat.

The Naerian didn't even flinch.

"These are my quarters and this is where you will remain until I say otherwise. I will have the servants leave you food and help you bathe while I'm away."

"Away?" Reid couldn't help but ask.

"I will spend my nights elsewhere until your Rut Cycle has passed."

Reid's brows flew up in shock. He was sure he was going to be forced the minute the suppressants wore off. Which they would, with him being so close to his fated pair. The fates always complicated things.

"I have no intention of forcing you. It does not serve my interest."

"And what does serve your interest?" Reid sneered.

The Naerian just blinked at him with his serpentine eyes and slitted pupils, then promptly turned on his heel.

"Wait!" Reid called out, before the Naerian could leave.

He stopped and tilted his head back slightly.

"Your name. I don't know your name. Or am I to refer to you only as Emkii?" Reid's voice was tight, but the Naerian either didn't notice or didn't care.

Without giving Reid an answer, he left the room.

When the door shut, Reid's teeth clenched in anger. Not only was he trapped here, forced against his will, but he'd have to undergo the most excruciating experience of his life chained to this monster's bed.

Reid tugged at the chains, testing their strength. They seemed thin, but the moment they pulled taut, Reid knew that he could not break them. Must've been reinforced with Gemma Crystals.

He was stuck.

Damn it.

How could his mother do this to him? Didn't she know the only reason she was even alive was because of him?

Reid swore, fighting back the fury and betrayal. How long would she last without him? One week? Two?

He worked so damn hard to prevent this from happening and in the blink of an eye, he was swept away from his family, his home, and everything he's ever known, just to be some Dragon's pet.