Chapter Fifteen: The Belt*

PLEASE READ FIRST: This chapter is heavy, especially toward the end, I remind you all to read the trigger warnings. This is a dark fantasy romance and it contains themes that may be disturbing to some readers. However, if you read my stuff...well you know what you're getting yourself into.

I have gone back and forth on whether or not to make this chapter longer but ultimately decided shorter was better because we don't need details to get the point across.

Hope you enjoy it, you've been warned!

Reid slipped in and out of consciousness. Each time he managed to open his eyes, the world around him was different. His grip on reality was quickly slipping as Kincaid's aura slammed into him so intensely it knocked the breath from his lungs.

He felt like he was drowning, being swept away in vicious waters, and each time he surfaced, he was somewhere new. The voices he heard around him were muffled before another wave came crashing over him and he was once again lost in the depths.

When he finally came to, he was being shoved through double doors into what could only be Hell.

Screams, cries, and all-around terror vibrated within the darkened walls, echoing in his eardrums. The smell of blood and sex was near suffocating.

Blinking past his blurry vision, Reid took in the horrifying sights. Like some fucked up BDSM room gone wrong. A world without contracts, without limits, and without trust.

Humans were everywhere, in cells, on display, some being tortured, some being raped, all while Naerians watched. They jeered and laughed, some even shouted at the humans being bled or assaulted. No one batted an eye when one fell unconscious or grew pale from blood loss.

There were broken bodies all around him and no one was going to save them. No one was going to save him.

He didn't need anyone to tell him where he was...he knew.

The Belt.

So this would be his punishment...would he even survive? Gabe nearly didn't and that was for a much lesser offense. Being in the Rebellion...what would the punishment be for that? What was Kincaid planning to do to him?

Torture?

Reid would be damned if he took it sitting down. He wasn't going out this way.

With a ferocity that shocked the males who dragged him, Reid lurched away. His limbs swung in all directions as he fought to tear himself free.

Twice, he slipped from their grasp, only to be yanked back again. He fought with everything in him, punching, kicking, biting.

They wouldn't take him. They would not break him. He wouldn't let it end here, he refused.

But with Kincaid, fighting was impossible. In one quick burst of his aura, Reid was immobilized, dropping to his knees as the ones who captured him began dragging him to a cell.

He could do nothing but watch as fists rained down on him. A kick in the face nearly took him out for good, but he clung to consciousness with bare hands and audacity alone.

Kincaid hadn't even needed to touch him to incapacitate him. And the fury...it burned through the bond like something vicious and vengeful.

Not for the first time, but certainly the most memorable, Reid was terrified.

The clang of metal reverberated in the small cell as the door was shut and locked. Reid was strapped to the table in the center of the cell on his belly, spread-eagle and all exposed.

Still, he fought. Knowing that he had no hope of escape, he yanked against the chains the moment Kincaid's aura let up, ignoring all the bruises and broken ribs.

Kincaid hadn't bothered releasing it again, confident that Reid would not escape. The human seethed, glaring hatefully at the Dragon.

"You filthy bastard!"

The words, the names, they didn't help his cause, if anything, they probably made things worse. Yet, it was the only bit of power Reid could muster in this situation. He would not cry, he would not cower, he would curse the bastard until his last breath. Let them kill him, at least he would not be one of their breeders. At least he would escape that fate.

Kincaid glared back at the other end of the cell, leaning against the wall, arms folded across his chest. His morá were blazing red. Reid could even see the hint of scales dusting his cheeks.

Releasing him from his glare, Kincaid looked past Reid to the unfamiliar Naerians in the cell with them. He spoke harshly in a foreign language Reid had never heard before.

Reid tried to interpret what they were saying through expression and body language, but they were so unreadable, that feat proved to be impossible. It wasn't until the unfamiliar male made a move toward Reid, catching him off guard, that he really understood what was happening.

They really knew. There was no hiding it, no denying it.

He was part of the Rebellion.

His hips were grabbed roughly, yanked up and thighs spread.

Reid knew what they were looking at, knew why Kincaid's lip pulled up in a sneer. His sheath did bloom because it was sewn shut.

Though the stitching had been done years ago, something about the new anatomy refused to let the actual thread dissolve the way it was supposed to.

It was the evidence of his guilt. There was nothing he could say or do to deny it. He hadn't even had the chance to endear himself to the monster, if even a little bit so the punishment would not be as severe.

Reid would receive the full brunt of it.

Nothing could be done. He had failed.

Still, he glared at Kincaid over his shoulder. The Dragon caught his look and backhanded him so hard he saw stars. Pain throbbed in his cheek as he spit blood out on the floor.

Kincaid looked sharply at one of the males and barked an order.

"Fuck off!" Reid bit out as they made a move toward him again. But it did nothing to thwart their actions. One held his hips up while the other...

Reid screamed in agony, pain like he had never felt consumed him. Nothing, nothing in the world could prepare him for the excruciation of having his sheath ripped open. The binding threads had torn the blossoms of his sheath, leaving bloody ribbons of ruin. He couldn't see it, couldn't even feel it really, not the individual tears. It was nothing compared to the pain as a whole.

Tears burned his eyes even as he refused to let them shed.

"Monster!" he screamed, over and over again.

He screamed it as Kincaid unbuttoned his pants and climbed on the table.

He screamed it as Kincaid's cock forcefully shoved inside the red ruin.

He screamed it as the Dragon thrusted and grunted, taking pleasure in the fact that each piston of his hips further opened the wound.

The male had tensed but did not stop.

"I'll kill you, you fucking bastard! I'll kill you all!"

Reid swore with everything that he was...every single last one of these bastards was going to die.