Missing you (Wanda)

You had a long day. Coming back to your room, you were ready to relax. You figured that you hadn't played video games in a while... well, since Peter "pranked" you by exploding your house in Minecraft. Pulling out your xbox and settling down at the end of you and your girlfriends bed, you got in the zone. What you didn't realize was that Wanda, your girlfriend, had also had a long day, and had a different idea in mind.

Walking into your room, Wanda was surprised and a little disappointed that you were preoccupied. All she wanted right now was you, but she didn't want to come off as clingy and she understood that you deserved to be able to relax in your own way.

Settling on the bed, Wanda picked up a book to try and occupy her while you played. The longer she tried, the more she failed at reading. Her day was so shitty that she really needed comfort from you. Simply overthinking the events of her day made her want to cry. But she didn't want to be a burden, so she kept trying to keep busy in hopes of clouding the comforting thought of being held in your arms.

She soon found keeping her eyes focused on the pages before her was near impossible and useless. Her mind drifted as she began to overthink. Light sniffles could be heard over the sound of your xbox controllers buttons being pressed.

Unaware that any of this was happening, you remained focused with your head in the game. The headphones you wore were not soundproof, but the volume was high enough so you could barely hear a thing.

Shortly after, Wanda was able to calm herself down enough to pick up her book again. Knowing she wouldn't be able to truly focus, she allowed her eyes to wander, finding comfort in the familiarity of the words on the page. Her eyes only lifted when a small frustrated grunt met her ears.

Giving up on the book, her eyes wandered over you. Starting at your back, she admired the look of your strong shoulders and imagined them pulling her into a warm hold. Her eyes rose slightly to meet your face. She watched as you pulled your bottom lip between your teeth, clearly focused on the screen before you. She stared. Taking in your beauty, thoughts of how grateful she is to have you crossed her mind. It was a pleasant thought, thinking about just how much you loved each other, but then Wanda's mind got the best of her.

She began thinking that maybe you didn't love her as much as she loved you. That maybe she was being a burden. These thoughts made her self conscious and nervous, tempting her to pick at her fingers with anxiety.

Eventually she thought about every possibility and couldn't remember which one was true. Forcing herself to release the grip she had on her fingers, her skin left raw, she pulled her hair back out of her face in an attempt to center herself again. To give her shaky hands something to do, she pulled gently at a loose string on the bed sheet. The anxious bubble in her stomach was only growing, and she knew what she had to do to stop it.

The only thing she wanted to do.

No matter how badly she didn't want to bother you, she needed to be held, reassured, or even just noticed.

Crawling onto her knees, she inched closer towards you. She figured you could feel the bed tip, but her thought was assured when your head tilted in her direction slightly, signaling that you knew she was there, but that you were a little busy at the moment.

So, she waited. About 20 seconds went by before a pause in the game caused by a loading screen occurred. Already understanding the sort of situation that was happening, just by the way Wanda was acting, you quickly scooched back to make room, and opened your arms for her to crawl into.

Immediately understanding, her face saddened, allowing her emotions to finally catch up with her. She crawled into your arms, wrapping around you like a koala in a tree, tucking her head deep within the nook of your neck. Your arms coming around to meet behind her.