Chapter 3: Fading Scars

Chapter 3 

I avoided Jayden and Claire the rest of the day. The dismissal bell had rang and I was at my locker gathering my stuff. I slammed my locker closed a turned around and Jayden was standing there, just my luck. “Hey sweetheart” he sung.

“Don’t call me that.”

 I sidestepped him and continued walking but he followed me.

“Okay…honeybun.” He tried

“That either,” I said a little confused.

“Ooooo-Angel,” he wiggled his eyebrows up and down.

“No!” I shouted

“Why don’t you just call me Bridgette like everyone else…DUH.”

“Hmmmm…buttercup” he said, completely ignoring me.

“Oh for crying out loud, my name is Bridgette, B-R-I-D-G-E-T-T-E”

He continued talking as if I hadn’t said anything, “buttercup, I like the sound of that.”

I groaned, annoyed and came to a sudden stop.

“Why are you following me anyway?” I asked

“Oh, no reason, “was his oh so fabulous response, I rolled my eyes and kept walking, only this time he wasn’t following. I looked back in time to see him smirk at me and wave. I ignored him and turned away.

Once I finally arrived at the middle School I saw Joan waiting for me I motioned for her to come she ran to me and told me along story about her day and how great it was. When we got home I saw Annabelle passed out on the couch.

“Joan I need to go to the grocery store go to our room and don’t come out until I get back, Okay?” I whispered. She looked so scarred, but nodded. I went to Annabelle’s purse and searched for her wallet once I found it, I took a fifty dollar bill from it a slipped it back in her purse. Joan was on the verge of tears. “Were going to be okay, I'm going to be okay.” I kissed her on her forehead and waited until I saw the door close to leave. I had to put on a façade for Joan, but I was just as scarred.

Joan’s POV

I was so scarred what happened if Annabelle found out, yeah sure Bridgette’s done this before, she does it every time Annabelle decides not to feed us. Negative thoughts kept running through my head, but as they did I slowly drifted off to sleep.

“JOAN!!!!” I was awoken by Annabelle’s scream; I jumped up and ran downstairs.

“Yes” I replied

“Where is Bridgette?” I looked everywhere, but her face. She was circling me now and I was crying, warm salty tears rolled slowly down my face, one after another.

“I know you know,” she enticed. “ANSWER ME!!!” she yelled

“I don’t know!” she slapped me across my face.

“Wrong answer, try again.” She scolded

“I don’t know,” I sobbed.

“So you’re going to play this game, are you?” She stalked over to one of the kitchen drawers and pulled out a knife. She walked back over to me.

“Give me your arm,” she commanded

“No!” I couldn’t help but scream at her for trying to do such a thing. She raised her eyebrows, as if daring me to question her authority.

“I mean I’ll…I…I'll tell you where she is,” I whispered. I paused dreading having to tell her this information.  

“I’m waiting.” She said, rushing me.

“she's at the grocery store.” The words were barely audible but she heard me, and ran to her purse.

That little piece of shit!” she yelled.  “did you know about this?” she questioned, just as we heard the sound of a car door slamming shut.

“Go to your room,” Annabelle ordered.  I scurried from the room.

Bridgette POV

I slipped the keys in the lock and opened the door.  I walk in and was greeted by a punch strait to the stomach, I fell while dropping the groceries in the process ID around my eyes still trying to tell her to stop, but it was difficult because I was struggling or breath

“Since when do you leave this house without my permission, huh?” Annabelle yelled, and then yanked me up by my neck and punched me in my face; once again I was on the floor.

“And if you ever steal from me again you’ll be more sorry than you are now.” Annabelle said just before she walked away.  Suddenly I heard Joan’s voice,

“Bridgette, oh Bridgette,” she sobbed, “are you okay?

“yeah I’m fine,” I said out of breath.

“JOAN!!!” I heard Annabelle yell, “The kitchen is a mess! So go clean it up!”

“It’s okay Joan, go to bed I'll take care of the kitchen,” I offered in a hushed tone.

  “Are you sure you're okay?” Joan asked worried.

“Just peachy,” I said I bit too sarcastically. Hearing my sarcastic tone Joan began apologizing.

“I'm sorry, I'm so sor-” she began, I hushed her by placing my fingers gently over her lips.

“It’s okay it’s not your fault,” I reassured her.

“Go to bed, it’s late and your probably tired.”I told her, hoping she would listen, no such luck.

“Oh my gosh Bridge, you can't be serious, you need more rest than I do at this point?!”

“Please go,” I was practically begging now, She sighed in defeat, and ran to our room without another word.

Fading Scars [incomplete/no current plans of completion]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें