Responsibilities

And this old world is a new world and a bold world,

For me

ELIJAH DE LUCA

Walking between tables at a small family diner in Sicily is not the way I thought I would be spending my Sunday morning. Or even choose to spend it.

Being a don forces me to have a tight schedule. One I have no problem sticking to.

I woke up at 5 am this morning right on time to head to the gym on the floor below the penthouse that I own when I come to Sicily. My family owns a mansion, since we handle in state manners here in Sicily, but I prefer the privacy my penthouse provides for me and choose to work on my office in the mansion. That's where I greet my closest men, acquiring the information needed to handle and make my mafia thrive.

My morning workout got rudely interrupted at 6 am by Francisco my right-hand man, a quick call to tell me to head fast to the local family diner was enough for me to get the memo. That's what I like about him, he is fast and gets straight to the point.

Examining the crime scene, I don't doubt who could've had the nerve to kill 5 of my men after not being provoked. The dagger on one of their bodies only confirmed my suspicion.

It's a shame none of them ended up being Giovanni, something about him was starting to bother me.

I carefully squat down to inspect the body closer, careful enough to not get any blood on my Armani suit.

No doubt her kills were fast and clean; it even surprises me.  That woman is truly an enigma.

Francisco hands me a latex glove and I take it, putting it on my right hand, I take the dagger off the cadaver in one swift motion.

I would applaud her if circumstances were different. It is true the artist frames himself on his art. These kills are clean, quick, passionate, and extravagant.    Pura perfezione
"What would you like to do with her?" Francisco voice drags me out of my thoughts.

"Let me take care of her myself."

-

After examining the incident and cleaning her cry for attention, I was thankfully able to resume my activities right before I have to leave for New York tomorrow.

Sitting at my offices chair I am digesting the view behind me. My desk is situated in a place where my back is facing the huge windows. But I give myself time to rotate my chair and admire the empire that I have built and is in the process. I have done so much after only being don for too little.

The man being reflected on the window has also changed. The scar left on my eyebrow only reminding me of hunting strands of golden hair.

At 28 years of age, I have achieved so much, but it will never be enough for me.

I am expecting someone, and that someone is one minute late.

Until I hear a knock on my door.

The dagger is resting on my thigh, the grip of my hand tightens it at the sound coming from outside.

"Si accomodi!"

Rotating my chair, I face the man entering my office with anticipation.

Giovanni closes the door behind him.

ARYA MARTINEZ

Feeling both nervous and uneasy about what is about to come I decide to not sit and wait for an anxiety attack to come, instead I make the smart decision to begin getting ready for dinner with my dad. We haven't spoken in such a long time, I have no idea about what we can talk about, he did say he wanted to make things right though, I just hope it reduces the awkwardness between us, and that we can be a good father daughter duo once again.