Taste

He hurt me but it felt like true love
Jim taught me that
Loving him was never enough

ARYA MARTINEZ

The kiss is passionate.

His lips are surprisingly soft, and he tastes like mint.

The noise of the outside world gets drowned out by the passion of the kiss, at this moment we are not Arya Martinez or Elijah de Luca.

A sharp pain sinks into my bottom lip, followed suit by a new feeling of pleasure traveling to my whole body.

For a moment there is only us.

His lips on mine. His hands on my waist.

He moves both of us slowly into the corner of the room.

Yet, there is still something holding him back.

He doesn't deepen the kiss; he has no intent to. I can tell. 

And then he stops. 

He laughs at me, cleaning his mouth with his hand, a smirk slowly forming on his face.

A feeling of sorrow consumed me, only for some seconds, before I quickly shook it away, there is no way I would get feelings for Elijah, not even physical. It was a simple quick act my body had to his touch.

My mind comes back when I hear the sound of someone clearing their throat. I can't see the face since Elijah stands right in front of me. His tall bulky body covering mine from the unknown person.

"I am so sorry we just wanted a more private place to talk." Elijah states with a mischievous tone, one I will never get used to hearing.

Even though I hated the fact that I was used, I had to agree his plan was smart.

"De Luca, I wasn't aware you were here." The man says surprise clear in his voice.

"Don't worry we will leave now. Won't we Mia Cara?" He turns his attention to me, making it clear he wants me gone now.

I get the memo and leave, not before giving the man an apologetic smile, I didn't recognize him, he must just be a guard to make sure people don't get in places they shouldn't be at. This is an important event after all.

The guard leaves the other way. After some seconds I don't see him anymore, but I don't see Elijah leave.

I try to think the best of him and stay for a bit. But he doesn't move. There is no sight of him outside. 

Very carefully trying not to be heard I move towards the green house. I hear a voice whispering.

"Sven is gathering all of the mafias to throw your state and Vincent's, you will see soon enough, everything is getting closer day by day. We are betting who will actually kill you, I can guarantee it will be painful."

I hear a deep mutter in Italian. And silence follows.

I quickly hide besides a tree before I see Elijah exit the green house, he looks around searching for someone. He sighs in relief when he sees no one. He fixes the buttons of his dress shirt, a drip of blood hanging from his hand falls to the ground. A sharp shiny object moving in his hands.

My dagger.

He cleans blood on it before putting it inside his suit pocket.

He leaves the scene entering back to the mansion where the ball is being held, as graceful as always.