Change of plans

You're screwed up and brilliant
Look like a million dollar man

ARYA MARTINEZ

The alarm pulls me away from the warm embrace of sleep, and with a reluctant sigh, I greet the morning. The room is still cloaked in the soft shadows of dawn as I shuffle towards the bathroom.

The reminder of yesterday slowly begins to wake me up. I still have no time to think, since I have to meet my dad at 7 am to see what his mission is for me today.

The fresh droplets of water cascading down my body and the sweet scent of shampoo relax me. Slowly I feel my shoulders stop being as tense as they did when I first woke up.

Each step is automatic, muscle memory guiding me through the familiar routine.

The best part of the day is done as I wrap a warm towel around my body, warming me up before the shock of the coldness outside in contrast with the warm water begins to set in.

I take a glance at the mirror instinctively stealing a glance at my lips, as if they were suddenly going to change after yesterday. Safe to say they look the same. Leaving me with only the memory of the action. 

I shouldn't think like this about my enemy. After he discarded me like a toy quickly after. 

I definitely need to get laid after all of this is over. 

After completely drying my body and applying moisturizer it's time to dress. Today, I decided to put together a comfortable yet stylish outfit, centered around a brand-new designer skirt I bought with Maria some days ago. 

On top I opted for a white jacket since the weather was still extremely cold. 

To complete the outfit, I slipped into a pair of comfortable, low-heeled ankle boots in a black color. 

To accessorize I chose a delicate gold necklace and a few simple bracelets to add a subtle sparkle.

Stealing a glance at the clock hung in my room it reveals I still have 10 more minutes before I have to meet with my dad. 

I decide I want to be a good daughter today and surprise him with coffee.

Before heading to his office, I go down to the kitchen and start preparing the espresso making it just the way he likes it. 

Visiting my dad's office always gives me some type of anxiety. I have always thought I don't know him that much, which sounds stupid since he is my dad. But I we rarely communicate. I've never complained about it though, he is a mafia don and I've always understood that that's where his responsibilities have laid, and that has helped me live a comfortable life.

At 7 am sharp I knock on his door.

Immediately after knocking I hear his infamous "come in."

Handling the coffee in my hands I open the door with my foot, settling the contents from my hands on his coffee table. He thanks me with a nod and takes a sip form it. 

I mimic his actions, the liquid inside the cup is still warm. I wait for him to talk.

"I need you to make a very important job now." He states as he places the coffee back down on the table, the cup now only half full.

"Of course, anything." Is this finally the time where he gives me full responsibility? Have I finally won over his respect?

"I want you to take over for two weeks, I have important business to attend and will take Carlos with me."