38

As I took a sip out of my drink I stared at the door thinking about my feelings and what I have done. Why was I even invited to this party? I took another sip from my drink until realizing my eyes were following two people. Heeseung and Geonu.

Heeseung gave me a dirty look before getting dragged by Geonu to go dance in the crowd.

I stared at them for a while until Yoonwon came from behind me hugging me.

"Can you, get off?"

"What's up with you??"

"Not right now Yoonwon."

"What's wrong?" He sat down next to me.

"Nothing, just not in the mood right now."

"Kyungmin," He held my hands. "I know when you're telling the truth or not."

"My ex is here." I said.

"Geonu?"

"How'd you know?"

"Oh uh, wild guess?"

"Can you leave me alone for a bit?"

He nodded and walked away.

-

Geonu and Heeseung were walking towards my direction, Geonu and I made eye contact but he quickly looked away facing back at Heeseung. Heeseung still gave me the dirtiest look. He must hate me so much. I got up and headed to the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror wondering how much of a horrible person I am. I went back to my ex, and I broke someones heart, and now my bestfriend hates me. What did I do to myself? A tear escaped from my eye but I quickly wiped it before someone walked in.

"Kyungmin.?" I heard someone say and turned around.

"Oh, Jungwon." I said, "You're here too?"

"Of course, it's Ta-Ki's party, but your nose is running, are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded. "I'm fine."

"Where's Geonu? Arent you with him?" He questioned.

"Oh we um, broke up."

"Aw why?"

"I think you should ask him."

"I see, well it was nice talking to you Kyungmin."

I nodded as I watched him leave.

I shortly left the bathroom after heading to the dance floor.

I danced by myself as the music played but then saw Geonu again, which he was also by his self. We stared at each other for a minute until he looked away with a teardrop falling from his eye.

I stayed my distance even though I really wanted to go up and talk to him. I went up to the bar tender asking of they had a pen and paper.

--

To: Geonu

I'm sorry for everything and I really mean it. I wish you'd take me back but it's much too late, you deserve someone better. Please don't cry over me, save your tears for another day. I never told you about Yoonwon, yes he's the one in the photo. I've always been scared to tell my partners about him, and I've always fell back in love with him even though I know that it isnt good, but this time I realize that I love him and my feelings for you were platonic, I'm so sorry Geonu. I didnt know the difference between romantic and platonic feelings. I hope one day you can forgive me and we can still stay in touch. And I hope you find someone who really loves you.

-Kyungmin.