Eighteen

Basirexia
(N.)
The overwhelming desire to kiss.

They hadn't said much when they got back into Isaac's car and started to drive away. All that happened was Isaac interrupted the silence after the sun had disappeared to ask if Jess was ready to go and after his nod they got in the car. Then Isaac started pulling out of the parking lot and Jess stared out the window.

"Do you have to go home tonight?" Isaac asked.

Jess thought about saying yes but paused. Kleandra was going out tonight and would be out for awhile. That usually meant she'd come stumbling in sometime past one smelling like alcohol and unable to think straight. That made him want to say no.

"My little sister is coming over tomorrow. Her dad usually drops her off around ten so if I weren't to go home tonight I'd have to be back before then." Jess answered after about a minute of thinking.

"I can get you home whenever in the morning." Isaac promised.

"So... can you take me home around nine?"

"Yeah." Isaac flashed him a smile.

"Okay." Jess smiled a little back.

The rest of the drive was quiet. The background hum of the radio kept it from getting too quiet and Jess noticed the way Isaac's finger would tap along to the beat of some songs on the steering wheel. He smiled to himself at the observation.

It didn't take long for them to reach their destination of the familiar house. Jess looked up at it with a smile. He's been liking this place more and more lately. He noticed that the driveway was empty other than Isaac's car so Dave must've been at work.

He stepped out of the car after Isaac and followed the taller boy into his house. Jess knew the drill by now so he slipped off his shoes by the door. They were left on the floor next to the spot Isaac had left his and both boys had moved over to the couch.

Jess had fallen down on it first, sighing as he leaned back into it and stretched out his legs.

Isaac must be more comfortable around him now because the boy reached down and picked up Jess's legs so he could sit as well. After taking his seat he dropped Jess's legs back down and they rested over his lap. Jess smiled at the familiarity of all this. Taking his shoes off, sotting on the couch, this position, it was all slowly becoming a regular in his life.

He liked that. He didn't want this place to ever not be familiar to him. Not now after it's become something he's leaning on.

Jess reminded himself then that he shouldn't get too attached. He loved it here but he could live without it if he had to. He had to remember that nothing lasts forever.

This can't be my favorite place in the world forever.

He can't be my favorite person forever.

It's not possible. If he believed that than it might get him hurt. Getting attached to people lead to easily getting hurt.

The reminder didn't help though because Jess's stomach still filled with that butterfly feeling when Isaac's hand started rubbing up and down his leg.

"Do you wanna watch something?" Isaac asked, turning his hazel eyes over to Jess.

Jess loved his eyes. Every time they looked his way he had to force himself to pay attention because it was just so easy to zone out while looking at them. It happened again because he had to think to realize what it was Isaac was asking.

"Or we can go to sleep if you're tired."

"No, we can watch something." Jess said.

Isaac nodded his head over to where the remote on the table sat. It was closer to Jess so the darker haired boy assumed Isaac was motioning for him to pick it up. Jess did and when he tried to hand the remote to him Isaac just smiled.