Twenty-Three

Isaac woke up after a short nap to warmth. He blinked up at the sleeping boy he was using as a pillow. He observed Jess's features.

He's so pretty.

Isaac reached for his phone and stayed where he was while clicking it on. He made sure to turn it on vibrate and then mute the volume before he went on any apps. The last thing he wanted was to wake up Jess.

The boy's deep breathing was insanely relaxing as Isaac played on his phone. He had only been awake thirty minutes when his peacefulness was disturbed by a noise. It sounded like knocking.

At first, Isaac thought he was just imagining it. That thought didn't last long because soon enough he heard it again. With a sigh he stood up, getting off Jess very carefully as to not disturb him.

He covered up the boy with a blanket before leaving his room. He heard the knocking once more as he walked down the hall. When he finally reached the living room he went over and opened the door without checking who it was first.

Andrew was standing there.

"What are you doing here?" When he spoke Isaac realized he sounded sleepy. Andrew looked more guilty then, that's when Isaac also noticed he looked guilty.

"Sorry, I was going to text you but then I thought you might not answer. So, here I am. Can I come in? I really need to talk to you."

Isaac gave him a skeptical look before stepping aside to let the boy in. Andrew slipped off his shoes and then went into the living room.

"New chair?"

"Uh, yeah." Isaac nodded as he sat on the couch. "My dad wanted a recliner and that one was kinda cheap so he just bought it."

"Oh." Andrew nodded before sitting in the chair. He shifted around uncomfortable for a minute. "I'm sorry."

"You didn't say anything to apologize for." Zack pointed out. It was true. Andrew hadn't even given him a nasty look.

"I'm still sorry."

He then shifted his seating again. He looked thoughtful and Isaac didn't say anything. Instead, he waited because he knew something was coming. Andrew had something to say.

"Hey uh... how'd you know? I mean about being, er well like-" He paused and took a breath while Isaac sat patiently, waiting for him to gather his thoughts enough to speak. "How'd you know you were into guys?"

That definitely wasn't what he was expecting but he'd answer. A small smile made its way on to his face. "I hadn't really for a while. It's not like I ever really thought about it, it was just never something I noticed about myself. Then I got closer to Jess and started seeing the signs. I caught myself just watching him, like admiring him, and even thinking about how attractive he was. I wanted to spend time with him, talk to him, and just be around him. Then I realized I wanted to be more. I wanted to hold his hand, hug him, kiss him, all that mushy shit. After that it just became obvious, then when thinking about it I realized the signs were there for awhile I was just oblivious to them."

He nodded solemnly and looked downward at the floor. Isaac could tell he was zoning but didn't say anything. After a question like that he knew Andrew probably had some thinking to do.

"Hey," Isaac started. Andrew looked up, looking a bit like a deer in headlights. "Don't stress yourself out about it. Just go with whatever's comfortable to you."

He looked a little sick and nodded. "Can I ask you another question?"

"'Course you can. What's up?"

"How'd you like, start getting closer with Jess?"

"He almost accidentally hit me with a door and we just started talking."