Thirty

Kalon
(N.)
Ideal perfect beauty, both physically and morally. Possesing a beauty that is more than just skin deep.

"I need to go home today." Jess said as they drove to school. Their hands were interlocked over the center console and they were running on time today. No morning make out sessions this time.

Isaac nodded and brought up the back of Jess's hand to kiss it. "Okay."

He didn't question it. He didn't ask anything of Jess. He just accepted that his boyfriend needed to go home. That was something Jess liked about Isaac. He was understanding.

Of course, that's the bare minimum but it's still sweet.

There was another moment before Isaac showed the caring side once again. His voice laced with concern. "If Ki hangs around us is that going to make you uncomfortable? I can make sure we hang out separately from you if it is." He squeezed Jess's hands. "I'll understand if so."

"No." Jess shook his head, smiling at the offer. "It's okay. Just make sure the group knows not to kick his ass and is okay with it. Tally has always found him a little annoying."

"So I've heard." Isaac hummed. "I'll talk to them and see what's up."

Jess nodded. He was okay with Ki being around because he knew Isaac and him were close. There was pictures with them as kids around the house all over, it wasn't hard to figure out.

They pulled up to the school and their hands let go of each other. Jess stepped out and once he was on the sidewalk Isaac was matching in step next to him. They walked next to each other. Tally met up with them inside the building and the three walked over to Jess's locker.

Isaac chewed on his lip. Jess noticed this and the way his eyes bounced around nervously. He bumped his shoulder against the boy before going to open his locker.

Mason and Andrew walked up to join the group, Kristi walking off to somewhere behind them. Jess shut his locker now that his bag was over his shoulders and turned to face them. He smiled in greeting. "Hey."

"Hey." Mason grinned. "What's up, guys?"

Jess shrugged and glanced over at Isaac. The brunette cleared his throat and gained everyone's attention. "So, Ki came by my place yesterday."

Mason and Tally froze. They didn't let anything show on their face. Andrew tensed up.

"He wanted to apologize." Isaac cleared up fast. "Said he was sorry he let everyone talk all that shit and that he should've apologized sooner. All that stuff."

"Oh." Mason nodded slowly. "He mean it?"

"Yeah, I guess so." Isaac shrugged. "He let me deck him in the face."

Mason's eyebrows raised at that and Tally's eyes widened in surprise. Andrew didn't seem too surprised, he slowly smiled. "So, he's cool now?"

Isaac shrugged. "I guess. I don't know if he's going to want to hang out with us or not but if he does is that cool?"

Andrew nodded with a small smile. Mason shrugged, slowly letting himself smile kindly. He glanced over at Tally who was looking like he was in thought.

"It's okay, Tal. You don't have to be okay with it." Isasc said, bringing Tally out of his thoughts.

"Um..." Tally shrugged. "I don't know. I guess he can, I might get tired of him though."

"That's understandable." Isaac said with a nod.

Jess smiled at his boyfriend. His kind smile lit up his expression. Jess turned back to the group as they started fading back into normal conversation. Ki never came up to their group but Jess caught sight of him walking over to Isaac and Mason when they started heading to first hour.