Thirty-One

"Ki invited me over. He said his mom wants me to come over before the party. Do you want to come?" Isaac looked over in hope.

They were walking towards his car. Not the best time to spring the idea on him but Ki just invited him over on their walk to last hour. Zack wanted to go, he wanted to see his second family. He also wanted Jess to go. He had already checked with Ki and the boy was fine with that.

"Andrew will be there. I don't know if that helps."

Jess gave him a small smile. "Do you really want me to go?"

"Of course I do."

"Okay then. I'll go."

"Really?" Isaac's smile widened. Jess chuckled softly at him.

"Yes."

"Cool." Isaac leaned over and kissed the side of his face. "Thank you."

They reached his car and climbed in. Isaac smiled when he started the car and Jess's radio station started playing. His music taste was really growing on Isaac. His smiled widened every time Jess quietly sang or hummed along to a song.

They drove until they got to the familiar house. Ki's car was already in the driveway as was Andrew's. They probably didn't drive slower just to listen to their boyfriend hum along a little longer like Zack did.

Isaac lead the way inside. He held Jess's hand until they made it inside the door. He slipped off his shoes and Jess followed his lead.

"I'm home!" Isaac called out into the house. He had to because he hadn't been here in what felt like years.

A banging sound was made in the kitchen and Mrs. Lendev appeared in the doorway with wide eyes. "Zack!"

She ran forward and wrapped her arms around him. He returned the hug immediately even though he wasn't sure what it was for. They weren't this affectionate often.

"I am so sorry. My son is an idiot." She whispered right before pulling away. She cupped his face and kissed his forehead. "You're family to us, Zack, we all love you no matter what."

The words hit deep. They soaked into his skin and caused his eyes to water slightly. He nodded and she pulled him back in for another tight hug.

"ZACK!" A loud twelve year old girl could be heard upstairs. Her footsteps were thudding down the hall and then she was seen racing down the stairs. Her brother was walking a much more understandable pace after her. "Zack! Zack! Zack!"

When she finally reached them she launched herself at him. He laughed and hugged her back. She smiled as she stepped back.

"I missed you so freaking much. Ki's a dick for that." She said it so matter of factly.

"VICKY!" Her mother was glaring with wide eyes. Ki started laughing his ass off. "Language."

Victoria rolled her eyes. "Ki was wrong for that. You're my favorite big brother now."

Isaac chuckled and pulled her in for another quick hug. When he let go her eyes went over to the boy behind him. She raised her eyebrows and looked back up at Isaac.

"Is that your boyfriend?"

Isasc threw a quick glance at Jess before nodding. "Yeah."

She smiled. "He's very handsome." But then she was glaring at him and stepping over in front of him. She jutted her finger out. "If you hurt my Zack, Ki and I will come after you."

Jess laughed quietly under his breath. "Okay."

Vicky was quick to smile again. "Okay, good. I'm going back to my room now."