1.

"Anastasia, Catarina has arrived!" My mom yelled.

"I am coming!" I got up from the bed and ran up the stairs.

As soon as I saw Catarina, I immediately hugged her. We have been friends since childhood and our parents know each other so we were very close.

"Let's go to my room." I called Caterina and we went up the stairs.

"I can't believe school starts in 6 days!" Catarina complained.

"I can't either!" we laughed together.

"Idk why but my parents behave really weird.I heard them saying something and when I entered the room they were suddenly silent." I complained to Caterina.

"My parents too!"

"Maybe they're planning a trip together or something?"

"Maybe, but is that my parents' car?" she was looking out the window.

"Girls come down for a minute!" my dad called us.

Catarina and I got up from the bed and went down the stairs. Our parents were sitting in the living room with worried faces.

"What happened?" Caterina asked.

They continued to watch us and the sound of the television was the only thing that could be heard until my mom spoke.

"I'll tell you. Your fathers company decided to move from Greece to Portugal, and since your fathers are one of the bosses they didn't want to fire them but asked us to move to Portugal."

"WHAT?" I got pissed off.

"Why? Why don't they just find another job?!" Caterina also got angry.

"This job is very important to them and the company has helped our families a lot." Caterina's mom was explaining to us.

"But all our friends are here and we go to school here and.."

"Portugal is not that bad. You will find friends there. It's like you're moving to the end of the world!" Caterina's mom patted us on the shoulder.

"Come on, won't it be fun! Imagine how many cute Portuguese guys are waiting for you two!" My mom comforted us.

"Mom, it's not like that!" I was laughing.

"Don't underestimate yourself! You're cute, hot and smart! Of course you can seduce a few guys!" Catarina's mom hugged us.

"And what do you think?" Catarina's father asked us.

"I say I accept, and you Anastasia?"

"Ofc!"

Our families hugged us and started telling us about everything.

"We are leaving on the 30th of August and they have found a school for you there. We will have a house and several cars there. We have to start packing already!" My dad said.

Caterina and her parents stayed a little longer and left. My parents and I agreed that tomorrow we will start packing.

I went to my room, took a shower and got ready for bed.

I would never have expected that in just a few days I would be going to another school and living in another country.

It is true that it was difficult for me to leave everything I have here, friends, relatives, school, but it was much easier for me because Catarina will be there with me.

We were each other's biggest support from the first day. Everyone knew that we were friends. We were always together at training, matches, in class.

It will be hard to leave my volleyball team. I have been through so much with them, both good and bad.

The only thing that made me glad to leave was my ex, Alexander. He is also a volleyball player and I suffered a lot because of him, but he still tortured me and left me. I used to love him, but the more time passed, the more toxic our relationship became, so I had to let him go.

I lay in my bed thinking for hours about what my mom said.

I wasn't ready to get into a new relationship because I broke up with Alexander 2 weeks ago. I was still vulnerable.

When it comes to the Portuguese, none of them were attractive to me. I knew a couple of them, but I never had anything to do with them, not even friendship.

I sighed

"I knew it was time for a change of environment, but I wasn't really thinking about Portugal." I buried my head in the pillow and closed my eyes.

My brain was full of questions but I managed to fall asleep.

Little did she know that the thing she said was going to be her biggest mistake...

________

Guys please leave comments or recommendations because I love reading them🙏! I hope you liked it and vote please!

urfavblondewriter loves you😘

<333