3.

"Stasi wake up, you have to get ready for school!" my mom was shaking me.

"Good morning mamá." I yawned.

"I packed your lunch and placed it on the kitchen island, I have to go to work so Caterina's mom will take you to school. Good luck!" my mom hugged me and finally went to work.

And finally that day came. Today I'm going to school. I was very nervous about it, they all probably know each other and they all have their friends, I was afraid that they wouldn't accept us in their friend group.

I got out of bed and slowly started to get ready. I brushed my teeth, put on a little make-up and put on the clothes I had prepared yesterday. I was wearing light blue baggy jeans and a white tight t-shirt.

When I got ready, I stood in front of the mirror and took a breath. The fear in me was even bigger than before.

I heard a car horn and that was a sign that Catarina and her mom were waiting for me. I put on my jacket, took my backpack and went downstairs. I took my lunch and left the house and locked it. I took the key out of the lock and got into Catarina's car.

"Shall we go?" Catarina's mom asked.

We both nodded and her mother started the car and started driving us to school.

"Girls don't worry, it's going to be alright!" she comforted us.

"Thanks mom."

But no matter how much she comforted us, we were still afraid. The closer we got to the school, the bigger the fear in me, I felt like I was going to collapse.

"That's it girls, good luck!" Catarina's mom said as we got out of the car.

We stood and watched the car drive away. The warm breeze hit my face while my body shivered. The school was big and a lot of children were in front, the parking lot full of cars and small groups of friends going inside.

"Let's go Stasi." Caterina said walking towards the entrance.

We walked slowly, somehow scared. I don't know why I was so scared, maybe it was a new environment or I simply wanted to make a good first impression.

When we got to the door, we hesitated for a while, but in the end I pulled the door and the students' conversation started to echo in my head.

We got inside and I suddenly felt a surge of confidence.

When the others noticed us, they started staring because they probably didn't know us, the whole room became silent. We walked past them as if we weren't coming here for the first time and as if we knew them all, we just sometimes surprise ourselves.

Catarina was looking at the schedule and told me what is our next class, thank God we have all the classes together except P.E.

We headed towards the English classroom and the children didn't stare at us so much anymore. Suddenly the bell rang and we weren't in our class yet. We ran through the corridor and finally found the classroom.

We went inside and found the teacher calling the names of the children. The whole classroom was looking at us as if something was happening.

"On time! Are you new students?" the teacher asked us, reading something from her notebook.

"Yes we are." I confirmed.

"Please introduce yourself to the classmates."

Catarina looked like she had saw a ghost. I started to look at the students because I thought she saw something, but instead I saw João.