12.

"Hey Stasi, wanna go shopping for João's party?" Catarina and I were leaving school.

"Thought you'd never ask!" I smiled.

"How about we go at 5?"

"Sure, cya!" I waved at her and headed home.

The weather outside was just perfect. The sun was shining brightly, but the warmth was broken by a cool breeze, which made my hair flutter slightly. I walked with sunglasses on my eyes and alone in my own world, deeply lost in my confused thoughts.

In a few minutes I was already in front of my house. I went inside and found my mom in the kitchen.

"Hey sweetie, how was school?" she hugged me.

"It was okay, Catarina and I are going to go shopping for João's party today, because I literally have nothing to wear!" I complained.

"Okay, is Miguel going to the party with you?"

"Well, he has some family obligations, so he won't be able to come." I left my backpack on the couch.

"Well, sit down and eat, I've prepared moussaka!"

"My fav!"

I sat down at the table and in a few minutes my dad came. We in Greece have this custom of not hiding anything from each other, so of course I told them about Miguel.

We all started eating together and talking, we often did that in Greece and we share the customs here.

When we were done eating I helped my mom set the table and put the plates in the dishwasher. After I finished all the chores in the kitchen I grabbed my backpack from the couch and went to my room to do my homework before I go out with Catarina.

I took out the books on the table and turned on the music so that I could do things quickly. I tied my hair and started doing my homework.

The lyrics to Attention by The Weeknd blared through my headphones as I focused on my last math assignment. The fresh air coming in from my open window helped me do my homework as quickly as possible and I was done within an hour.

I packed everything back into my backpack and looked at the clock, it was 3:40pm which meant that I should start getting ready.

I took out a black linen dress from the closet and put it on. I brushed my hair and styled my hair. I packed everything I needed in a black bag and put on my white sandals.

I put on my sunglasses and left the room and went downstairs to the garage. I got into the car, turned it on, I picked up Catarina and we headed to the mall together.

Shakira's song was playing on the radio while Catarina and I danced to the ecstatic rhythm. The traffic light was still red while Catarina and I sang the lyrics together. There is no better feeling than that.

When we arrived, I parked in front and we both got out of the car. I locked it and we entered the shopping center.

At the entrance, you could see that it was packed with teenagers having fun with their friends, and the loud buzz of people flowed throughout the room. Catarina simply smiled and pulled me into the first store.

We looked at different dresses until Catarina caught her eye on one. She immediately grabbed it and pulled me to see how it fits her.

"How does it fit me?"

It was a beautiful black silk dress that complimented her curves perfectly. Her back was bare with a few laces that entwined over each other. It had a strange shade, between black and brown, that went perfectly with Catarina's tan.