The big question-Maudie X Ezra (I'm ill, so I wrote this out of boredom :D)

I wrote this despite knowing the fact that I am going to miss 4 days of school and 5 examinations that I don't know jackshit about and my only hope was the after school remedial set by the teachers :)

Romance bit is a bit out of comfort zone, and I cringed a little because half the time I write innocent love stories....

Anyways, enjoy!

I THINK I have checked it enough.

Their 26 in the story

 Narrator POV (OMG THATS RATHER NEW!)

"Good afternoon, Ezzie." 

A half Asian and half Australian boys' eyes lit up once he heard a particular voice calling his name.

 He looked up from his cellphone and saw a smiling Maudie standing right in front of him.

"Hello Mauds." He smiled as he gave his lady a hug.

Once they pulled back, they gave each other a peck on the lips.

Then they hooked arms and started making their way home to their apartment.

"So, how was work today?" Ezra asked.

"Just the same as usual." Maudie replied. 

"Just the same as usual?" Ezra asked. "You're a university professor, surely you should have some interesting stories. Gen Alpha's are really wild." 

"Uhm.. The staff coffee machine broke down. That's some breaking news." Maudie replied. 

"I see." Ezra said.

"What about you? How was work for dear old Ezra Banks?" Maudie grinned.

"It was good as usual, we are so close to finishing our latest AI, Cybelle." Ezra smiled. "What makes Cybelle special is that-"

As Ezra kept rambling and rambling about his teams' latest work in the tech industry, Maudie couldn't help but find his enthusiasm admirable and cute.

Once he was finished, Maudie applauded.

"Very enlightening."

"Thank you." Ezra said.

"You're welcome." Maudie replied.

"By the way, have you eaten?" Ezra asked.

"Yep, my dad dropped by the campus during lunch time with some risotto and milo." Maudie said. "He was on his way to the soup kitchen."

Brian Miller had officially retired once Maudie turned 21 and devoted his life to helping those in need in whatever ways he can.

"Really?" Ezra asked. "Let me guess, you-"

"Mixed the risotto and milo together." They both said in unison.

Then they both laughed.

"Maudie Miller and her odd taste in food combinations." Ezra said, shaking his head playfully.

"You know you love them." Maudie replied, tilting her head to the side smugly.

"I guess I don't mind some of your odd food combinations." Ezra admitted.

"Like peanut butter and salmon, salami and watermelon-" Maudie said.

"Speaking of peanut butter and salmon sandwiches, remember when you refused to get into a relationship with me until I tried it?" Ezra asked. "You were evil.."

Maudie giggled.

"I guess I was." Maudie admitted. "But hey, it's now part of you're top 5 snacks."

Then it became completely silent between the two, but it was a silence that the two of them didn't mind or feel uncomfortable with.

Until Ezra spoke.

"Actually, there's a question I've been meaning to ask you." 

"Alright." Maudie replied. "As long as it's not 'will you marry me?'"

Ezra stopped walking and looked away awkwardly as beads of sweat rolled down his forehead.

Maudie was speechless when she noticed his reaction.

She placed her hand on her chest in disbelief.

"Oh my." Maudie muttered. "It IS 'will you marry me?'"

Ezra smirked and looked at her directly in the eye.

"Well, I'm not going to say it now that you just spoiled the moment." He said.

"Is it 'will you marry me?'" Maudie asked, a bit panicked.

Even after 16 years of knowing her and 10 years of dating, he has never seen a flustered or panicked Maudie.

"Maudie, the moments gone." Ezra replied, trying to hide a smile as he continued walking.

"No wait!" Maudie said, catching up to him.

Then she got in front of him and grabbed his shoulders.

"Wait..." She breathed.

"Maudie.." Ezra said.

"Start again." Maudie urged.

Then she hooked her arm with his and tried regaining her cool composure back.

"Okay, you say 'there's a question I've been meaning to ask you.' And I don't say anything." Maudie said, in a tense manner.

"And... Then... You say...?"

Maudie looked at Ezra hopefully, hoping that he would just follow along.

Ezra tilted his head to the side and smiled.

Then he pulled out a ring out of his pocket and got down on one knee.

"Maudie, will you marry me?" 

With tears welling up, Maudie covered her mouth with her hands and nodded rapidly.

She had a very cliche reaction, despite knowing the fact that he was going to pull that move.

Maudie was squealing like a little girl as Ezra grabbed her right hand and carefully inserted the ring on her ring finger.

Maudie brought her hand closer to her face and looked at her alexandrite ring with hearts in her eyes while Ezra got back on his feet.

She gave him a hug and Ezra gladly hugged back.

When they pulled back, Maudie wiped her tears away with her wrist.

"Alexandrite, my favorite gem.." Maudie smiled. "It's expensive though, it must have cost you a ton."

"You're worth every single dollar I spent." Ezra replied, smiling back.

Looking at that unresistable sweet and dorky face (Maudie's words, not narrators..), she got on her toes and wrapped her arms around him.

Then she kissed him, with all the love in her heart.

Once they pulled back, Maudie caressed Ezra's cheek and whispered.

"I love you."

Ezra kissed her on the forehead and said

"I love you too."