His soft spot (Ava X Kyle)

Story status: 8/10 (its cute i like it :>)

I THINK I have checked it enough

They're 16 years old

Soccer practice had just ended, and Kyle decided to treat himself to a chocolate shake from Macca's. As he was about to leave with his beverage, a little girl sitting alone at a big table caught his eye.

Her right hand trembled as it nervously fiddled with her dark hair, and her blue eyes were to the point of tears. Kyle took stock of the circumstances and understood why she appeared unhappy. Around her were pink decorations, plates of delectable food, and party hats.

Tears started rolling down her cheeks, and a huge wave of empathy washed over Kyle. With no hesitation, he immediately approached her, kneeled down, and started a conversation.

"Hey, my name is Kyle. What's your name?"

The young girl hurriedly wiped her tears away as she glanced up.

"S-Sofia."

"Hi Sofia, Is it your birthday today?" Kyle asked with a genuinely sweet smile.

Sofia nodded timidly, looking down. "Yes, I'm turning 9 today, but all my friends didn't come," she replied in a pitiful voice. "Nobody likes me."

Kyle's heart shattered into a million pieces hearing a little girl say those words, "Don't say that! I like you! And is it okay if I join you?"

Sofia's eyes lit up; her head was still focused on the floor. She gave a little nod and a small smile, which warmed the cockles of Kyle's heart.

He sat beside her, but at a distance, to avoid making her feel uncomfortable. Then he started thinking of ways to cheer her up. Kyle scanned his surroundings and found a party horn. He picked it up and blew it to make a funny sound in hopes of putting a smile on her face. Fortunately, it worked quite well, and the girl was grinning from ear to ear.

Kyle started smiling too; he had just made someone's day, and he was determined to make sure that Sofia had a good birthday.

Meanwhile, someone had just arrived at a rushed pace, gasping for air and hugging a gigantic bunny plushie with a pink ribbon stuck to it. That girl was Ava Andrikides, who was late to her cousin's birthday party. Her eyes immediately caught the splash of pink decorations. However, they went wide when she saw her crush of three years sitting down next to Sofia, making silly faces and laughing along with her giggles.

Ava's heart went berserk seeing her crush make such a kind gesture to a family member of hers. A soft smile grew on her face; it was unlike her other smiles. Because that's when she realized she was in love.

Her eyes met with his, and Ava reacted to it by hiding herself behind Sofia's gift.

"Ava!"

Two voices called out happily. Both Kyle and Sofia looked at each other, confused. "You know Ava?"

"Well, I know Ava because she's one of my close friends." Kyle explained, "How do you know her?"

"She's my cousin!" Sofia said cheerily, "And the best one ever; she's so pretty and nice."

"Isn't she?" Kyle replied, looking at a still-hiding Ava with a dreamy gaze.

Sofia smiled smugly and leaped off her seat to run to her favorite cousin and give her a big hug. Ava saw the incoming 9-year-old and opened up her arms to receive it while still holding onto her present. They embraced each other for a while before Sofia pulled back.

"I missed you, Ava!" She smiled, jumping around in circles.

Heart warmed by her cousin's enthusiasm, she gets down to her height and gives her a pat on the head. "I missed you too, Princess Sofia."

"Aww, princess Sofia."

Ava looked up and immediately stood up straight when she saw her one and only love.

"Hello Kyle." Ava greeted with the coolest composure she could muster. "What brings you here?"

Kyle stuffed his hand in his pockets and gave Ava a smile that made her melt inside. "Was just getting a shake, but then I saw Sofia's party. I couldn't resist inviting myself."

Ava giggled, "Or did you just want the food?"

Kyle rolled his eyes playfully and smiled.

"Maybe."

The both of them laughed in sync, while Sofia stood in the middle of it all, smiling and hearing wedding bells.

Once they stopped laughing, Ava turned back to Sofia and handed her the bunny plushie. "Happy Birthday, Princess. I know you love Clover very much, so I got you a giant version of him."

"Yay! Thank you, Ava!" Sofia said, jumping in circles and hugging the toy tightly, "You're the best!"

"She always calls her princess... cute." Kyle muttered underneath his breath as he watched Ava smiling at Sofia's happiness.

"I feel so much better now. Thank you, Kyva!" Sofia grinned.

"Kyva?" Kyle and Ava asked in unison; both their hearts were beating in sync.

"Oops, I meant Kyle and Ava." Sofia corrected, her grin growing cheekier. "I'm hungry; let's eat!"

Later...

(Time skip to when they finish eating and cleaning up the decorations and they bring Sofia to the park.)

"Sofia's adorable, isn't she?" Ava grinned as she and Kyle watched her cousin run chaotically around the playground.

"She is." Kyle nodded. "I know someone cuter, though."

Ava shot her eyes at Kyle, and her blood started to boil.

"And who might that be?"

Kyle smirked and winked. "You, of course, my princess."

Ava's eyes widened, and her mouth went agape as her face turned as red as a fresh ripe tomato. It was a critical hit to her heart, and she did not know how to respond.

"A-anyways!" She wailed, looking away. "I'm glad you're here."

"Why?" Kyle asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Did you miss me too much?"

"No, I don't!" Ava yelled loudly—so loud in fact that park visitors from a 10-foot radius turned to her concerningly.

Ava looked down in embarrassment as she finally found the words she wanted to say.

"Kyle, thank you for being there for Sofia." She muttered, slowly looking up.

"She has a hard time making friends, and her parents often neglect her presence." Ava sighed. "So, I'm really glad you did this and stayed with her."

Kyle smiled and pinched her right cheek. "No problem, princess."

"Ouch..." Ava whined, despite it not really hurting.

"JUST KISS ALREADY!"

The two turned to the front and saw Sofia standing from afar, looking annoyed.

"Huh?" Kyle said, confused.

Before they could react anymore, Sofia zoomed over to them and grabbed their heads. She tried to use her tiny hands to smack their lips together, but both were resisting.

"Sofia, I got this." Kyle said, turning to Sofia with a grin.

He gently pushed Sofia's hand away and placed his left hand on Ava's left cheek. Kyle pulled her lips towards his and took a small pause before proceeding. He wanted to make sure she was comfortable and okay with it. Ava gave a small nod or approval and then kissed him instead since she couldn't wait.

They kissed for a solid 15 seconds as Sofia started cheering in the background 

"And they lived happily ever after!"