Undercover - Part 1

Story status: 7/10 (It has the potential not going to lie T_T)

I THINK I have checked it enough.

This will have 3-5 parts

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT DOWN ANYTHING

I TRIED TO DO THAT REQUEST WHERE THEY WANTED HOT TENSION BUT I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS IT.

Their 17 in this story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a windy and cold night as the InBESTigators pulled up in front of the Great White Castle with Ezra's old, shabby hand-me-down car, dressed all formal and neat.

"Are you guys ready?"

A worried yet excited Maudie Miller asked as the rest looked at each other worriedly.

This was the crew's first undercover mission as detectives, and they weren't exactly confident; they only had 2 days to plan and prepare the items they needed for the mission, and half of the time was spent explaining the plan to Kyle.

"What do Ava and I have to do again?"

Three pairs of eyes glared at a certain someone who was grinning shamelessly.

Ezra massaged his forehead and tossed his head back in frustration. "Does someone have an aspirin?"

Maudie, who was getting rather annoyed, took a deep breath to ease her nerves. "Let's have a recap then." She looked at Kyle and crossed her arms, "Let's not forget it this time, Kyle."

Kyle sat up straight and looked at Maudie, "Yes, ma'am."

Maudie leaned in, and the rest did the same.

Once she was done restating the plan, she stuck her hand out, "Let's do this team!" The others laid their hands on each other before throwing them up in the air in unison.

"InBESTigators!"

Ava opened the car door and hopped off, with Kyle just right behind her. Before Maudie could open the door to the front passenger seat, Ezra grabbed her right hand and brought it closer to him.

"Maudie, we need to talk about-"

Maudie yanked her hand away from his grasp and backed up until her back was touching the door. When Ezra saw her reaction, his heart started to ache.

"Not right now, Ezra." She looked down and expressed a rather crossed face. "We have a job to do."

She opened the car door and turned her head to meet his eyes. "I promise we will talk about it when this is all over, okay?" She stepped out of the car and closed the door.

Ezra gave a loud sigh and shook his head. He and Maudie had an unresolved problem that they had been avoiding for a while, and it had been bothering him like crazy. Nevertheless, he knew that it really wasn't the right time for this, and they couldn't blow this mission. Ezra got his act together and got out of the car while adjusting his cufflinks.

He locked his car, and the four started making their way to the entrance of the Great White Castle from the parking lot. They all kept silent; the only thing that could be heard was the sound of chatty crickets and the leaves rustling from the wind.

Once they stepped foot on the marble steps that led to the doorway of the entrance, they all looked at each other and nodded. Ava and Kyle dispersed into their stations, which were in the kitchen, where they were supposed to impersonate food servers to obtain the article they needed from the suspects.