01'

How could this happen? I mean it had to happen eventually. It had to start somewhere. But why now?

I sat cross legged on my bed biting my nails nervously as my phone blew up with notifications and messages. I swiped though my phone and reached the contact that I had not pressed in a while.

My brother.

I tapped anxiously on the phone symbol and it began to dial. I placed my phone to my ear and waited patiently. After the 3rd ring, he picked up. A familiar voice echoed down the phone.

"Ash?" He asked. "Are you okay?"

"Mhm mhm" I responded, nodding despite knowing the fact he couldn't see me.

"No you're not. What's up?" He asked with worry.

"They know." I muttered down the phone.

"What? You know I hate it when you mutter Asher.." he said with a stern tone.

"Samual! I said they know!" I said raising my voice a little.

"What do you mean they know? Who knows what?" He asked as I heard mutters in the background.

"You're fans. They probably found me off your old photos or through your following.

He said nothing. Just a sigh was heard from his end.

"Well it was bound to happen one day sam." I said in a quieter tone.

"Right well.. why don't you ask mom and dad if you can come stay with me for a few weeks whilst we think of something to do about the situation." He said agitated.

I sighed and looked at my fingers that I had been vigorously picking at because of my nerves.

"Don't worry about it. It will all blow over. I promise. Okay?" Sam reassured in a comforting and calmer tone.

I nodded again. "I guess"

"Okay. Text me if you need anything. I'll be here. See you soon." Sam said before ending the phone.

I looked down at my phone still blowing up with notifications on every social media platform.

I tapped 'do not disturb' and walked downstairs.

-

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

I tapped my alarm off and rubbed my eyes. 3:45am. It read. I groaned and pulled myself out of bed.

I walked to my bathroom quietly as I shared it with my parents. I brushed my teeth and showered.

I placed my toothbrush in my suitcase that I had packed a few hours before. I zipped it up and grabbed my phone charger and anything else that I needed and placed it in my backpack.

I put it on my back and rolled my suitcase quietly downstairs, trying my best not to wake my parents up.

I placed an order for an Uber which would arrive in 5-10 minutes.

I had spoke to my parents two days ago about me going to visit Sam for a few weeks and they agreed. They said it would be good for me to get out of town for a while.

Kansas was quite a large state yet there was limited you could do. Everyone thinks that it's great and perfect, all because of the movie 'wizard of oz' which is supposedly set in Kansas but in reality its nothing like it.

I heard a car pull up outside and rolled my suitcase to the door. I opened the door to indicate I was coming so that they didn't have to beep the horn.

I locked the front door and rolled my suitcase to the Uber. The driver insisted on handling the luggage and putting it in the trunk of the car which I agreed to.

I climbed in the back of the Uber and placed an AirPod in my ear after telling the driver to take me to the airport.

-

About 30 minutes later I arrived at the airport. I thanked the driver and retrieved my luggage. I rolled it through the airport to security and checked it into my flight. I wondered around after that waiting for my flight to be called.

I found myself in front of a Starbucks. I ordered my usual which was a strawberries and cream Frappuccino. I payed and took my drink. I began walking back to where I was when the women began speaking over the speaker.

"Can people that are boarding flight 4357 to Los Angeles please make their way to terminal 3. Thank you."

I looked around and walked to the terminal which was opposite me. I'm early. Lucky me. I sat down at the window avoiding eye contact with anyone. I looked out the window whilst sipping on my drink.

The sun was rising leaving an orange and yellow tint to the sky. I clicked on snap chat and posted a pic of it to my story.

I still had an hour to wait before boarding the plane so I sat and scrolled through my phone, answering a few messages from my close friends.

Lara bear <3

Hey. You okay?
5:16am

I'm fine. I'm going to visit my brother for a bit whilst we sort something out.
5:21am

This is all sucky. I'm sorry you have to go through this. :(( I will miss you tons.
5:21am

I will update you on anything that happens and I miss you already :(
5:22am

Lara had been my best friend through thick and thin. We had been together since the 3rd grade. We both have been through a lot and bonded over our trauma...in a way. She didn't care about 'fame' or 'clout' which I also loved about her.

I looked around and noticed everyone that had sat in the terminal was now standing and moving their way to a door. I hadn't realised the time had ran away from me.

I stood up and gave the staff my boarding ticket before walking down a long hallway to the plane. I placed a kiss on my hand and then placed my hand on the side of the plane for good luck before stepping on.

I had done that with my family ever since my first flight. It was a tradition we had because who knows what could happen.

The lady directed me to my seat and I sat down. I had a window seat so this flight wouldn't be so bad.

A/N: hope you enjoyed! Comment if you came from my tiktok @/gilmcreedits