02'

^ Play whilst reading ^

I placed my AirPods in my ears blocking out the sound of the bustling plane. 'Novacane' by Frank ocean began to play. I scrolled tapped Instagram and began scrolling through my comments on my posts.

"Are you Sams sister?"

"Is this sams sister?"

"Why aren't you with Sam?"

"Do you live with Sam?"

"Why aren't you in sams videos?"

I sighed and closed my phone and closed my eyes. I opened them and felt the plane begin to go down. I looked down at my phone and it read '1pm' how long have I been asleep?

"3 hours." The women next to me said.

"Oh sorry." I apologised not realising I asked that out loud. She nodded and continued rocking her baby. I looked out the window at the passing cars on the highway and the skyline of tall buildings.

The plane landed and everyone got off the plane. I placed my sunglasses over my eyes and kept my head down as I walked to security avoiding paparazzi and fans that I was not ready to meet yet.

I retrieved my suitcase and walked to the front of the airport. I quickly jumped into a taxi and told her the address that Sam had sent me a few hours ago.

"You're not from around here are you?" The taxi driver asked.

I placed my sunglasses on the top of my head.

"Excuse me?" I asked offended.

"Oh no. I don't mean to offend. I Just could tell from your accent. And you don't look like the typical la girl." She chuckled.

"Well yeah. I'm not." I said looking out the window.

"You visiting someone?" She asked trying to make the car ride less awkward.

"My brother." I nodded. "He lives out here with his best friend."

"I see. When was the last time you saw him?" She asked with her eyes glued to the road.

"Last Christmas. He doesn't visit often. Just every year for Christmas and a couple times on thanksgiving." I said still looking out of the window.

"Well maybe this visit will bring you guys closer together." She shrugged with a smile.

"Hopefully." I smiled back.

"That will be $21. 40" she said as the car stopped.

I gave her the money and climbed out the car. I thanked her and watched as she drove off. Is everyone here that friendly? I rolled my suitcase up to the house after admiring the external features. Big windows, big doors.

I released a sigh that I had been holding in without realising. I walked up quietly and placed my hand up to knock but the door swung open before I could knock.

A tall man with dark long hair wearing a black tank top and black jeans answered the door.

"Can I Help you?" He asked looking down at me.

"I- Um." I took a moment to think of words.

"I'm looking for Sam." I said avoiding eye contact.

"Sams not in at the moment. I can take a message?" He asked.

"Babe! Who's at the door?" A girls voice asked from behind him.

"Some girl looking for Sam. I saw her on the ring cam." He called back. I heard movement behind him and a short girl, a bit smaller than me with long black hair stood next to him and linked his arm.

"Hi." She said smiling.

"Hi." I returned the smile.

She noticed the suitcase and looked back at me.

"You're Asher aren't you." She nodded.

"Yeah.. I am." I chuckled nervously.

"Who?" The man asked.

"Come in whilst we wait." She said moving the man out the way and helping me with my suitcase.

I rubbed my arm nervously and followed her inside. I stepped into the hallway and noticed the high ceilings and the grey walls. Two tall staircases good on either sides of the room.

"So. Sam will be about 30 minutes. He's just popped out. He will be home soon. Make yourself at home" The Girl Said with a welcoming hug.

"I'm still confused as to who-"

"Cmon Jake. Move." She said sternly and pushed him into another room.

I stood awkwardly looking around when I heard footsteps from behind me coming from one of the staircases.

A girl with half pink and half black hair approached me. A girls who's face I recognised.

"Can I Help you?" She asked sweetly. She stopped and something changed in her expression.

"You're Asher! Sam has told me so much about you." She smiled and hugged me.

"You're Katrina Right?" I Said smiling. Finally someone I recognised. I had known her from pictures that Sam had shown me and a couple times I had seen her on FaceTime to him.

"Yes. Kat. Hi." She said excitedly.

"Sam told me you were coming. Him and Colby have just gone out to get some stuff for a video they're doing." She smiled once again.

"Right. I can just- if I'm being a nuisance." I said pointing my thumb behind me to the door.

"No no. Of course not. Make yourself at home. Our home is your home." She said taking my coat off from my shoulders and slinging it over her arm.

"There's food in the pantry in the kitchen which is right over there or there is water in the fridge which is also in the kitchen. I'll go get the guest bedroom ready for you." She smiled.

I thanked her by smiling back at her with gratefulness in my eyes. She wandered back upstairs with my suitcase and coat.

I wondered about the house and looked for an empty room to sit in, which was hard because there was so many rooms and most of them were taken. I walked into the kitchen and sat at the island.

I opened my phone to see a message from Sam.

Samuel

Wont be long. Had to pop out.
Read at 3:21pm.

I closed my phone as I saw kat approach me again.

"Okay the bedroom is sorted for you. It's the furthest door to the right" she smiled.

"Thank you kat. I appreciate it." I smiled.

"Uhm so you must be jet lagged so I would recommend getting some sleep before chaos happens." She nodded with a chuckle. I agreed and left the stool.

I followed her directions upstairs and into a room with a king sized bed, a sliding door closet and a small bathroom attached to it.

I found my suitcase in the corner of the room next to the balcony doors.

I jumped gently onto the bed with relief as I hit it. I took my shoes off and closed the bedroom door. I climbed into the covers and placed my phone on the bedside table.

I lay on my side and closed my eyes, slowly drifting to sleep.