Chapter 2 ~ The Hogwarts Express

Regulus POV:

September the first. The day I could finally leave the hell hole I call home. My parents follow me and Sirius through the busy station, scowling at the muggles. Sirius didn't even hesitate before running through the barrier, I know he wanted to get away from us a quickly as possible and to be honest, I don't blame him. I looked behind me at my parents, took a deep breath and then ran through the barrier.

"You good little bro?" Sirius asked.

"Yes, just nervous."

"Don't worry, just remember I will always love you no matter what Mum or Dad says OR what house you are in."

Sirius looked around the platform. A smile started to form on his face when he saw his friend talking to the redheaded girl who was in Diagon Alley.  "Oh no, James isn't trying to chat up Lily again, is he?" My brother exclaimed and then walked over to his friend. I wanted to follow Sirius over and say hello to the girls sister, I think her name is Rose, but I knew Mother and Father would have a fit, so instead tried to find some of the purebIooded people my parents had tried to get me to befriend. I looked around at the girl again. She was now talking to someone I did know, Severus Snape. He was a Slytherin and wasn't a mudblood, I mean muggle born (Sirius had informed me not to say the other word as it was offensive), my parents couldn't object me going over and talking to HIM could they?

I was about to walk over when I felt my father's hand on my shoulder, steering me the other way. I let out a deflated sigh then followed him through the platform. Mother and Father found me a carriage with some other pure-blood slytherins and slytherins to be. I knew they were making sure they didn't make the same 'mistakes' as last time and ensuring that I got into Slytherin.

*

It was almost an hour into the journey and I was bored out of my mind. The other people in my carriage were boasting about how pure their family tree was and how much they absolutley HATED mudbloods. I did the usual. Sat quietly, smiled, nodded and tried not to do or say anything wrong. Eventually I decided I needed a break and excused myself to go and find the trolley witch. 

I wondered up the train for a few minutes in hope of finding Sirius or Rose, although I doubted Sirius wanted me to sit with him, when I spotted a glimmer of red hair. I back tracked and saw Rose talking with another girl, who had dark skin and long black braided hair. I slid open the door and they looked up. 

"Hi," I said awkwardly "I'm not sure if you remember but we met at Diagon Alley? I'm Sirius' brother."

"Yeah, I remember. Your name's Regulus, Right? I'm Rose by the way"

"And I'm Athena." The other girl chirped.

The excited chatter in the compartment continued as we made our way towards Hogwarts.

*

About halfway through the journey the door slid open and two more people walked in.

"Do you mind if we sit with you?" A girl with a roundish face and shoulder length brown hair asked.

"The people we were sitting with were going ON and ON about blood purity. It got boring very quickly." A boy with curly light brown hair added. 

"Of course you can sit with us!" Rose agreed. 

"I'm Ben, by the way, and this is my twin sister, Violet." 

By the end of the train ride it was like we had known each other for years. The carriage full of people who were supposed to be like me, was left forgotten. 

*

"Black!" I heard a voice behind me shout as I got off at Hogsmead station. It was the boys from my old compartment in the train. I immediately took a step away from Rose and the others, I didn't want to be seen as a blood traitor on my first day.  "Where did you go? You went to go find the food trolley and never came back. Don't tell me you were hanging out with these losers? We can't have another Black in Gryffindor." Said a tall forth year Slytherin, named Augustus Rookwood. Rose looked like she was about to say something. I had to stop her. She didn't know what these people were capable of.

"Of course not." I said in my best 'I am better than everybody voice' "I was just talking to Athena Ross over here." The Ross' were also famous pure bloods so I knew that he would stop them being suspicious. I looked over at Rose. The expression on her face made my heart break. The look of betrayal.  We made our way over to the boats and saw Hogwarts for the first time. It was better than I ever could have imagined, even on the days where I locked myself in my room dreaming of the day I would finally escape the strangling clutch of my parents. After a LOT of waiting, and avoiding of Rose's glare, we finally made our way into the Great Hall to be sorted.

AN: Thats another chapter done! Sorry this chapter was a bit of a filler chapter and I didn't have a lot of time to write it between exams and my many clubs and when I did I was quite tired so the quality isn't the best. Also I'm trying to make the chapters quite long but I am very bad at it because I have gotten into the habit of writing as little as possible. Like I mentioned before, I have exams over the next couple of weeks (uggggggghhhhhhh) :( so the next update might not be for a while but I will try and get it out ASAP whilst still making it ok quality. That's all for now, hope you enjoyed this chapter :)