Chapter 14 - home sweet home

3rd person POV

Christmas came round quicker than anyone could've guessed and soon it time for most of the school to return to the Hogwarts Express. Rose and Regulus had both decided to go home for Christmas, both for very different reasons.

A couple of weeks before the holidays started, Regulus had received a letter from home, informing him of his Grandmother, Irma's, death. His mother had informed him that he was to come to his cold, London home (if you could call it that) that Christmas for his Grandmother's funeral, and he was dreading it. However, it was not only the fact of having to socialise with a load of muggle hating, dark arts loving, purebloods, going home meant one thing and one thing only. The crutiatus curse. This holiday would be especially bad as Sirius was no longer there to comfort him or stand up for him, it was just Regulus. 

Rose was going home to spend time with her family and sisters, who she had never spent a Christmas without. However, going home also meant problems for Rose, and that problem was called Petunia. As usual, she had done anything possible to make life difficult for Rose, especially now her new boyfriend Vernon was home. However, both Rose and Lily were used to this by now and tried not to let their sister's words affect them. 

Regulus POV:

I carefully closed the door behind me as I stepped into the silent house. I took a deep breath and composed myself, putting on the mask I was so used to wearing. I took my bags up to my room, partly to save Kreature a job and partially to delay seeing my parents, even if it was for just a few minutes. 

I walked to the kitchen, hearing the shouting voices of my parents. 

"Master Regulus is home!" said Kreatcher "I will go get his bags."

"No Kreacher, it's ok. I already took them upstairs."

"Master is too kind to Kreacher."

"It's fine really. How have they been?" I asked gesturing with my head to the door where the voices were coming from.

"Master and Mistress have been like this a lot, Master Regulus." Kreacher said sadly "Kreacher just wishes he could do something for them, but nothing he does helps."

"Don't worry Kreacher, there is nothing you can do. I'm going to say hello to them now."

"Be careful Master Regulus." 

I took a deep breath and opened the door.

Rose POV:

"I'm so glad you both decided to come home for Christmas, the house feels empty without you two." Said Mum as she opened the door. 

"Rose, Lily!" I ran over to engulf him in my arms "I've missed you two so much!"

"I've missed you too Dad!"

"Petunia come and introduce Vernon to your sisters!" Mum yelled up the stairs. Mum had told Lily and I ALL about Vernon on the drive home, and I get the idea that she doesn't really approve. Vernon doesn't know anything about Hogwarts or magic and we were all under strict orders from Petunia to keep it this way. If he asked where we go to school we were supposed to say "St Vincent's Boarding School" and follow it up with "You probably haven't heard of it, it's in Scotland. " and if possible add on "Petunia doesn't go there as they thought that we would go too slowly for her and Petunia is very family centred and didn't want to be that far away." Obviously, if possible we were going to refrain from saying any of that. 

Petunia came down the stairs followed by a large man who was trying to grow a mustash, but it just looked like a worm was on his upper lip. I gagged at Petunia's taste in men. He held out a firm hand for me to shake and cleared his thought pompously.

"I am Vernon Dursley, Petunia's fiance."

Fiance! Mum seemed to forget to tell us about that! "I'm Rose, Petunia's youngest sister." I said trying not to laugh or catch anyone's eye. This was going to be an eventful Christmas.

A/N: Sorry this took so long, I was really busy and I have started to get really into Rupaul's Drag Race (UK), I would recommend. I need to go and pack for my holiday now which I was supposed to start doing about an hour ago. Byeeee.