Chapter 3 ~ The Sorting

Warning Swearing 

Rose POV:

We walked through the Great Hall, everyone gasping and whispering to the people next to them about the wonders of the hall. I tried to take in every thing around me, knowing that this would be the only chance I would ever have at experiencing this awe inspiring place for the first time, but it was hard when I couldn't stop glaring at Regulus. Why had he done that? I thought we were friends, we had gotten on so well on the train, it was like we had known each other for years and then suddenly it was like he didn't know me. Was he ashamed of me? Had I done something wrong? I took a deep breath and told myself sharply 'Stop over thinking this Rose, it's his problem not yours. Look around you, you are in a MAGIC school for goodness sake a MAGIC school, how may people can say that? Now stop moping around and ENJOY YOURSELF!'

When we were at the front of the hall Professor McGonagall pulled out a scroll and said "Now, when I call your names you shall come forth and be sorted into your houses." She unrolled the scroll and started reading out names starting with 'Michael Adams'. A dirty wizards hat was put on the boys curly haired head and a few seconds later it yelled 'Hufflepuff!' 

*

Regulus POV:

McGonagall then called out "Black, Regulus" before the hat covered my eyes I got a glimpse of the Great Hall. The Slytherins were at the edge of their seat the Gryffindors looked eager both wondering the same thing: would I be like my brother? 

Suddenly I heard a voice, almost as if it was in my head. "Ooh a Black" it said "Where should I put you? In Gryffindor like your brother? or Slytherin like your cousins and the rest of your family? Or some wear else entirely?"

"Please put me in Slytherin, PLEASE!" I thought desperately.

"But your are so brave like your brother, you could thrive in Gryffindor!"

"Please Slytherin, Please Slytherin!" I begged the hat 

"If I must, SLYTHERIN!" It said, yelling the last bit out loud. I let out a sigh of relief and went to sit with the other Slytherins. I was not disowned. Yay?

Rose POV:

Before I knew it both Violet and Ben, who were twins, had been sorted. Violet had been sorted into Lily's house, Gryffindor, and Ben was in the same house as Regulus and Severus, Slytherin. Soon after it was my turn. I walked up to the front of the hall, my hands shaking. I sat down and Professor McGonagal lowered the hat onto my head. 

"Now, where should I put you?" A voice echoed in my head "Should I put you in Slytherin where you may finally be able to step out of your sisters shadow and follow your ambitions, oh yes I see you are very ambitious, or I could put you in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff where your knowlage and loyalty will grow? No that wouldn't work. Now here's an idea, what about Gryffindor? Gryffindor could also encourage loyalty but this house will unleash your full potential, although you may be in your sisters shadow. Yes, I should have seen it from the start, GRYFFINDOR is where you will play your part" I quickly stood up and ran towards my sisters table, the marauders and Lily's friends all clapping loudly. 

Regulus POV: 

As soon as Rose was sorted I knew what I had to do. I had known from the begging, but I was hanging onto the hope that somehow I wouldn't have to. After the feast I caught up with her.

"Rose!" I shouted, trying to get her to stop. She looked around. I ran up to her. "Do you mind if I could talk to you for a minute?" I asked "In private?" I said looking at Violet, who had also been sorted into Gryffindor. 

"Ok?" She said, scepticly "Go on without me Violet I will catch up with you in a minute."

Rose POV:

Thoughts were flowing through my head: Was this it? Was Reg going to explain what happend at the station? Was he going to apologies or at least explain himself? What I never would've expected though is what happend next. 

3rd person POV:

"We can't be friends anymore." Regulus said quickly. 

"What?" Rose said quietly, shocked.

"Look, we can't be frien-"

"WHAT?" she said angrier this time "Why? Is it because what that Slytherin boy said?"

"No it's-"

"It can't be because I'm in Gryffindor because otherwise you would be saying this to Voilet as well!" She said angry tears forming in her eyes.

"It's jus-"

"It's just what? Spit it out!"

"It's my-"

"Its because I'm muggleborn isn't it?" She said. The look on his face said it all.

"Listen Rose, It's my Family-"

"Tell your family you don't care about blood purity!"

"I'm not brave like you'

"What because you weren't sorted into Gryffindor? who says Slytherins cant be brave reg?"

Rose POV: 

"Leave me alone." I said menacingly "Go have fun at your little pure blood supremacist party". He stood there, not knowing what to do. "I said leave me ALONE." I shouted. He turned and left. "Oh and Regulus?" He turned around, hopefully "Make sure you say hello from me to your family and while your at it, stay the fuck away from me!"  I sank to the floor slowly, trying to stop the salty tears from falling and failing. dramatically. Typical, as soon as I actually think I might like someone they turn out to be a racist git. GREAT.

A/N: Hi! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. After the next chapter I will probably skip to 3rd year because it is easier to write. Next chapter we will meet someone very special.... I CAN'T  WAIT!!! Also sorry again if this chapter is bad I am still in the middle of exams but I should have more time to write this weekend :)

Just to clarify the the 6 who were on the train's houses are:

Gryffindor:

Rose Evans

Violet Brown

Ravenclaw:

Athena (I haven't come up with a surname pls put ideas in the comments)

Slytherin:

Regulus Black

Ben Brown